Director, CAS Test Engineering
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director of Clearing and Settlement (CAS) Test Engineering will lead the team responsible for application testing, test tool development, resource planning and management of test resources within the Network Processing CAS team. The role requires a firm understanding of software development and test processes as well as test automation. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader, excellent communicator, have demonstrable expertise in test engineering, development and above all be customer and team focused. The candidate will manage and supervise assigned technical staff; work closely with peers in the development and test engineering teams within Network Processing as well as senior management and other groups across the organization.
- Provides leadership to test engineering team responsible for the Edit Package application
- Develop team by motivating, mentoring and assisting in hiring critical talent
- Adhere to test and release processes throughout the various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Proactively collaborate with development teams to improve development and test processes.
- Work with peers to execute test automation strategy for Edit Package
- Contribute to application code and load quality initiatives
- Develop resource plans in support of key technology projects as well as CAS business and Off-Release installs
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience in leading and managing medium and large size test teams
- Strong knowledge of SDLC including use of test tools and test automation
- Hands-on experience with application development and software testing
- Passion for high quality software engineering
- Team/Service-orientation which promotes self-reliance, personal discipline, and empowerment of individual contributors
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and inter-personal skills
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.