Senior Counsel—M&A and Strategic Investing
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This attorney in Visa’s Legal and Compliance group will be part of the team that works on M&A and strategic investing matters.
This job is maybe done in either Foster City, CA or in our New York, NY location.
- 10-15 years of legal practice
- Experience as a lawyer at both a leading law firm and a multi-national company
- At least 7 years specializing in M&A and/or minority investments
- At least 70% of time in current role spent on M&A and/or minority investments
- Admission to the bar in the United States
- Experience buying/selling companies regulated in multiple non-U.S. jurisdictions
- Excellent judgment on legal matters, reflecting pragmatism and business savvy
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational skills, including ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Experience in transactions involving financial regulators a plus but not required
- Experience in payments industry a plus but not required
- Admission to the bar in California a plus but not requierd
- Work with business units to explore acquisition and investment prospects and to execute transactions
- Lead transaction teams from the Legal and Compliance group and coordinate with other functions
- Review and negotiate definitive documents
- Conduct and oversee due diligence
- Review presentations and other materials
- Coordinate and contribute to integration of newly acquired businesses
- Supervise outside counsel and effectively manage their costs
- Develop initiatives for maintaining high service levels and quality of advice
- Deliver consistent, strategic, risk-weighted, business-focused legal counsel
- Manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Untangle and analyze complex legal issues
- Applicants are requested, but not required, to provide a deal sheet along with their resumes.
- Varies upon the needs of the department
- This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.