Technical Product Manager, Cloud and Infrastructure Automation
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Technical Product Management (TPM):
We are seeking an experienced IT Product Manager to work within the Visa Private Cloud and Infrastructure Automation team dedicated to best Cloud and automation solution in the world.
Have a strong passion towards consistency and standardization when it comes to documentation and presentations.
As an individual contributor you will be responsible for multiple tracks with Cloud and Infra automation initiatives; developing product features, roadmaps, customer/ peer teams engagement and have a strong execution focus in an agile environment.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to understand business problems and then design and develop required solution
- Demonstrate knowledge of networking technologies, Firewall and certificates.
- Have experience with development/automation and strong passion to promote developer productivity
- Interact with personnel at all levels and across all business units and to comprehend complex business initiatives
- Articulate product requirements to various audiences (high level to low level technical details).
Regularly report progress and key product metrics to stakeholders and management. Also have the ability to define KPI's for development teams to improve product.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, and MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree.
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- UR Only: MBA/ PhD degree without experience.
- Demonstrate knowledge of NoSQL technologies like Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Demonstrate knowledge of DB technologies like MYSQL, Oracle, MSSQL
- Demonstrate knowledge of Middleware product. Understanding of Web and application server.
Preference Software development background in Java, .Net, & Web technologies supporting end user interface development
- The incumbent will have prior experience implementing cross-organizational IT solutions, a strong project management background with good written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional organizational skills.
- Very good understanding and experience in private/public Cloud technologies.
Security is prime job and responsibility at Visa and must have exposure and experience dealing with industry practices
Passionate about end user experiences that includes infrastructure and application lifecycle management
Knowledge and understanding across a wide range of technology domains and application frameworks and have ability to quickly grasp relationships of various disciplines
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation and accountability
- Past experience on complex, global projects and / or Infrastructure projects
- Agile delivery experience
- Good understanding of Cloud concepts
- Good understanding of Middleware, Database and Networking products.
- Fast learner on both technical side and business side
- Broad knowledge of the state of art industry development status in the related areas
- Strong customer-centric mindset
- Proactive sense of urgency and 'can do' attitude
- Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
- Financial services and card payments experience
- PMP, ITIL, Scrum Master (CSM)
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.