Business Development Manager
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role is responsible for executing against the business strategies, objectives, targets and plans in the market. To manage the Business Development function for a set of Kuwait clients and achieve business targets. This will need to be achieved by growing the existing business and through identifying new business opportunities, introducing, and ensuring the implementation of new products and services.
To support the country management in the development of the Kuwait market strategic plan by integrating and setting priorities based on information about the market, clients’ business plans, Visa priorities and competitor activities. Identify success factors for progressive and dynamic business growth. Ensure that the plan is understood and shared by functional teams within Visa. Develop account plans for clients and achieve business objectives of clients and Visa through planned and well-executed initiatives.
Ensure the development of country plans and key account plans, with corresponding tactics and actions to achieve defined goals. Ensure consistency with the MENA and International strategic plans. Ensure that all internal/ weekly/ monthly reports are carried out in a timely and regular fashion.
Accountable for achieving business targets through growing existing business CIF/PV/MV/NR and developing new business opportunities. Monitor business results of clients and anticipate challenges and take proactive measures to accomplish account targets.
Develop, maintain and cultivate close relationships with decision-makers and senior management of member banks and partner companies. Understand their business strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, present to them strategic ideas and share Visa’s views on industry developments and dynamics and advise them how Visa products can impact their results. Whenever required, be the Visa representative at forums and other meetings.
Monitor the development of the banking and financial services industry across the market, analyze trends and understand factors impacting current and potential business results of Visa. Maintain close contacts with national organizations and central banks and be aware of any developments which could present a threat to Visa.
- Superior negotiation skills leading to timely and acceptable resolutions
- Client relationship and management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and working with cross functional teams
- Exceptional communication skills
- Development and preparation of executive level briefs
- Self-directed and motivated
- Able to work with little management oversight
- Strategic management and creative thinking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent
- 5 years or more of sales, retail banking and cards experience and expertise
- Experience including banking/financial services sector or sales/portfolio development and relationship management
- Project management, strategic planning, analytical and budgeting skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge of Visa, other payment systems and card products.
- Proven experience at liaising, presenting to, influencing and negotiating with senior level international and central bankers, regulators, merchants, media, domestic switches, third party vendors and other key external stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate business agreements
- Fluency in English.
- Effective presentation skills
- Superior analytical skills
This job has the possibility of being located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates or Doha, Qatar.