Lead Application Architect - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Lead Application Architect, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
This position reports in to Network Processing Architecture and Consulting and is responsible for developing technical solutions and strategies for multi-year, complex business needs.
This role ensures the VisaNet core processing systems are enhanced in a way that will continue to meet the processing requirements of the business for many years to come.
The candidate will be responsible for technology project architecture definition, as well as technology strategy and planning and play a leadership role in large or strategic projects as well as consult with delivery teams to provide high-level guidance for the remaining projects.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Collaborate with our business partners to develop and clarify requirements to enable development of technical solutions that span VisaNet systems.
- Collaborate with other application development leads to develop flexible, cost effective approaches to tactical and strategic business requirements.
- Create comprehensive approach documents for both small and large projects that take into account all areas of system and application development.
- Provide subject matter expertise across the organisation in the areas of payment processing.
- Support the creation of technical and customer facing documentation.
- Mentor peer technicians, presenting solutions to key stakeholders and making presentations to all levels of management.
- Stay current with emerging technologies and business directions and have the ability to apply to strategic direction and roadmap activity.
What we’re after…
- Extensive experience of Visa payment systems
- An experienced IT professional, with proven knowledge of successful design, architecture and development.
- Experience of working on highly scalable, highly available systems is required.
- Proven ability to lead global technical teams and drive decisions
- Experience of working with product owners and shaping requirements into appropriate technical solutions
- Multi-tasking ability essential to handle multiple priorities with minimal direction from management.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and technical leadership skills required.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.