Head of Revenue and Contract Operations - Level 6
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as the Head of Revenue and Contract Operations, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
This is a leader in Visa's European Controllership team, who is responsible for the accounting, reporting and operations for all of Europe’s gross revenues and contracts for value in kind, discounted pricing, fee waivers and cost certainty.
The team is part of the broader Global Controllership function within Global Finance.
This role reports to the Head of Europe Revenue in London and will be solely responsible for all gross revenue accounting, reporting and operations in Visa Europe.
This role will lead a team of 5, who are all based in London.
- Responsible for the completeness, accuracy and timeliness for all of Europe’s gross revenue accounting, internal, external reporting and finance operations.
- Responsible for maintaining the proper gross revenue accounting policies, processes and provide subject matter expert analysis and guidance of gross revenue accounting to the business.
- Role includes leading the projects for improvements to existing processes and the implementation of new processes for new types of agreements.
- Work with external auditors in the execution of their financial review and audit of gross revenues.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, manage within tight deadlines with a sense of ownership and urgency.
The ideal candidate will need to provide coaching, mentoring, and developmental feedback to direct reports and indirect reports, helping to shape team culture and develop staff.
- Lead the team responsible for all gross revenue accounting including accounting entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all gross revenue accounting as part of the close.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving internal and external reporting under US GAAP and IFRS, including filing revenue reports for regulatory.
- Responsible for the accurate revenue recognition of all strategic pricing initiatives including manual calculations, complex billing adjustments and revenue validation.
- Collaborate closely with Financial Planning and Analysis, cluster Finance Business Partners and Products Owners to share revenue analysis, insight and knowledge on the levers which drive revenues.
- Subject matter experts providing revenue accounting standards training and guidance to the business on revenue recognition, value in kind, discounted pricing, market development funds, contract accounting and client marketing agreements.
- Full ownership of all gross revenue related audits and SOX reviews, developing and leading team through timelines and plans. Acting as the main contact for KPMG to agree plans and evaluate issues.
Contract Accounting & Operations
- Lead the team responsible for evaluating Europe’s complex client agreement for value in kind, discounted pricing, fee waivers and cost certainty.
- Lead the team responsible for the accurate accounting of contractual obligations, the timelines of payment and ensure compliance to revenue accounting policies and SOX controls.
- Review and approval highly technical and complex contract financial models built into ORMB for value in kind, discounted pricing, fee waivers, and cost certainty.
- Partner with the Client Incentive Operations team and provide all performance metrics to track performance targets and conditions on ORMB.
- Coordinate and support the Client Incentive Operations team with building contact models into ORMB, tracking the fulfilment of contractual obligations and partnering with Account Executives and Finance to resolve issues and discrepancies.
- Collaborate with the Billing team to implement real time discounts on the billing system.
- Responsible for leading stakeholder discussion and developing efficient financial processes with full impact assessment of interfacing systems for new initiatives such as value in kind and discounted pricing contracts.
- Partner with Client Incentive Front Office, cluster Finance Business Partners and Contract Management to drive operational excellence in the contracts structure with clients.
- Accountancy Qualification (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Bachelor’s degree in business related discipline; Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent
- Progressive professional accounting experience working in a large and fast paced multi-national commercial environment
- Experience in either banking, financial services, technology sector and strong knowledge of payment industry
- Good understanding of revenue accounting standards under US GAAP and IFRS
- People management experience and proven ability to motivate and inspire teams to drive results
- Ability to set and keep deadlines at a fast pace without losing accuracy
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; outstanding financial modelling skills with deep understanding of financial applications and databases
- Advance excel, database, modelling and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to clearly communicate insights from financials
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability able to build effective partnerships with stakeholder of all levels
- Agile and comfortable adapting to different environments and changing business needs
- Continually seeks new perspectives and feedback to support problem solving
- Welcomes challenging and complex projects and demonstrates proven experience of making continuous improvement to the efficiency and controls of processes
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.