Senior Software Engineer - Java/Microservices, Data Platform
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is in the process of a technology transformation to use open source BigData technologies like Hbase, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka etc. Visa has numerous processes that perform complex transformations on data in order to gain competitive information and insights. The data goes through numerous different transformations into a multitude of tables. The Data-as-a-Service Insights and Analytics team owns platforms that allow for configuration of rules to detect data discrepancies, Metadata information that captures job lineages by analyzing information from schedulers, platform metrics and run time, stewardship data and other important information about the various tables and fields. The Reference Data team has platforms to manage the core, reference tables at Visa and the workflow engine to manage the governance of additions and modifications to the reference tables. With a portfolio of these products, the objective is to build a one-stop solution that provides real-time insights of running jobs, data availability, event correlation that can predict/analyze data anomalies, all of which will result in better operational efficiency.
Within the portfolio of products, the Data Quality team is responsible for building a platform where developers and business users can configure data quality checks at the table and field level. The platform will need to scale to handle onboarding thousands of jobs, with checks that are in the 100s of thousands, ensure validation of the checks being configured in a self-service manner, while keeping security concerns in mind.
We are looking for passionate, motivated and self-driven engineers who can continue to build these platforms to the next level of scale, and utilize these to build co-relation and classification systems to drive insights into our systems. A few examples of such insights: drive optimization of our jobs, group alerts and identify the root cause issues.
We are building data management platforms in domains of Metadata and Reference Data Management using open source technologies.
This position is based out of Bangalore City
- Development and programming functions to ensure that projects are delivered on time
- Technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support of data based software applications
- Involves working with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations
- Provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solution
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies
Must have experiences:
- BS or equivalent in CS or related field
- Minimum 3-7 years experience with Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate
- Experience working with modern JS frameworks like Angular/React. Would need to be hands-on in HTML5/CSS3
- Strong knowledge in designing & writing RESTful web services
- Working Knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem/Big Data Stack, Map/Reduce Framework, Spark is a plus
- Knowledge of NoSQL Graph databases like Neo4j would be a plus
- Experience with RDBMS and SQL development is expected
- Strong knowledge of database concepts, systems architecture, and data structures is a must
- Process oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work independently and mentor others in the team and with minimal supervision
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and change direction mid-course based on business drivers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.