Sr. SW Engineer
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Cyber Defense team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for design, development, and execution of critical Cyber Security initiatives. Extensive web service development skills are a must. In this position, you are a passionate and talented developer with problem-solving abilities and coding/testing/debugging skills who can work in a dynamic environment. You must be dedicated to delivering production-ready code in short timeframes and willing to go beyond the routine. This position will report to the Head of Advanced Threat Detection.
· Develop innovative solutions to protect the Visa brand, networks, assets and products by implementing state-the-art detection, prevention, and response capabilities
· Engage in technical design of solutions based on use cases and business requirements
· Participate in proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions
· Stay abreast of emerging technologies and proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organization
· Demonstrate technical mastery and be an inspirational leader and mentor who continuously develops the competencies of him/herself and others
· Reduce time-to-detect and time-to-remediate by driving the automation of applied threat intelligence
· 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
· BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 8 years Java and web service development
· Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOD, design patterns
· Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, XML, JSON, REST)
· Expertise in Java, Angular, Python, and Groovy.
· Experience with the Elastic ELK Stack (Elasticsearch / Logstash / Kibana)
· Solid understanding and experience of database technologies such as SQL
· Experience with development of application/platforms supporting Security requirements
· Proven problem solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities and challenges
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
· Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives
· Experience with high volume/velocity/variety data sets, tools, and infrastructure (‘Big Data’)
· Experience with sensor automation, information sharing, and other methods of machine-to-machine communication using APIs
· Experience with Continuous Integration and containerization technologies (Jenkins, Docker)
· Familiarity with Mitre STIX/TAXII desired
· Proficient on both Windows and Linux platforms
· Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
· This position may require the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time
· “This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.”
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.”
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.