Sr. Project Analyst
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This position is part of the Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) technology organization. The role provides Project Management leadership for the Visa Payments Digitization Platform (VPDP) Technology Program within DDP, which has a significant impact on Visa's future revenue streams.
The person in this role will work across multiple business and technical units within Visa to drive overall project success. Comprehensive day-to-day management of multiple, cross-functional software development projects will be required. The role will provide project management leadership to global software development teams.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting business partners during the project Ideation phase
- Driving requirements elaboration with business and technology partners
- Managing technical project scope definition and understanding project priority
- Driving cross-functional planning and project execution with multiple technology teams
- Developing and managing detailed project plans
- Driving, managing, and tracking projects through each phase of the project lifecycle
through to successful completion
- Managing and communicating status, issues and risks with project stakeholders.
- Publishing timely, accurate meeting notes
- Manage project change requests, project priorities, and project trade-outs.
- Providing leadership to cross-functional project teams
- Maintaining current project documentation
- Becoming a PM-level subject matter expert in the Visa services this role supports, and the high-level technology components that support those services
- Driving team compliance with quality, security, operational resilience, and other non-functional requirements
This position will work closely with members of Product Management, UI/UX, Product Development, QA, Release Management, Implementation Management, Security, and Operations teams, as well as with all levels of management within the organization. The DDP organization leverages the Scrum delivery model. This role will involve integrating multiple delivery methodologies within projects (e.g., various flavors of Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall).
A strong candidate will have experience with technology project management, cross-functional team leadership, and managing through influence, as well as communications, business analysis, problem-solving, cross-team coordination, project/program management, processes, and change management. The ideal candidate is not just a facilitator or administrator, but has a drive to get things done and a "make it happen" attitude. This candidate must have strong experience in onsite/offsite collaboration and the ability to manage communication across global time zones.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
Strong experience with onsite/offsite collaboration experience
2 years specialized experience in project or program management.
Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent project management certification. Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) certification, Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
Familiarity with project management and reporting tools (e.g., Clarity, Tableau, Excel, Etc.); project management techniques; software development lifecycle in an e-commerce or web environment; scrum or agile experience.
Familiarity with productivity and collaboration tools, including Sharepoint, Microsoft Teams, Wiki pages, etc.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.