Finance Director, North America and Global Processing Solutions
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The North America Financial Planning & Analysis team serves as a business partner for the North America Group Executive and provides finance support for a variety of underlying Regional business functions. We are an agile, highly visible team that collaborates across all functions/product lines and plays a key role in providing financial planning, month-end reporting and decision support analytics to business leaders.
We are seeking a highly analytical and proactive finance professional who will be the Finance Business Partner for North America and Global Processing Solutions (incl. DPS) - annual expense $100+ million and revenues $500+ million. This person will also be focused on managing and improving our forecasting/month-end processes for North America Expense and Headcount with our indirect functions (e.g. Technology, Client Services, Cybersource, etc).
This is a highly visible and influential role that will work very closely with Global Head of Processing Solutions, and directly influence both near-term and longer term strategic decisions through effective reporting and insightful analytics. This position will be based in Foster City, and is an individual contributor role.
- Responsible for preparation and analysis of annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecasts and actuals variance – for Global Processing Solutions
- Responsible for managing expenses for North America indirect functions (e.g. Technology, Client Services, etc)
- Improve visibility, forecasting, and analysis of results and key metrics while advising Business Leadership on insights and recommended actions
- Ability to structure, manage and coordinate projects and processes with multiple stakeholders
- Actively seek opportunities to introduce new tools / methodologies to improve forecasting and reporting processes
- Build strong knowledge of Visa's business through constant communication with partners across Finance and Business
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, engineering, accounting, economics or related quantitative field
- 8-12 years of relevant financial analysis work experience; with 2-3 years preferred in financial services industry
- MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Strong business acumen and commercial intuition required
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills; ability to resolve tough business problems with well-structured analyses
- Experience designing financials dashboards to focus managerial attention
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and communicate effectively cross-functionally and with all levels of management
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
- Strong bias for action and ability to proactively identify and resolve issues
- Enthusiastic work ethic, passion for learning, and acute professional curiosity; able to solve problems with balance of independence and well-solicited input
- Strong leadership skills generating support and momentum among functional peers
- Global or multi-national business experience on-the-ground preferred
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.