Sr. SW Test Engineer
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Successful candidate will be part of an experienced Test Engineering team responsible for testing Gateway Services applications (Visa Message Gateway, Extended Access, Visa File Gateway) or Vital Signs Monitoring Tool which are critical applications that control and monitor transaction flow between endpoints and VisaNet Integrated Payment (V.I.P.) system.
The Sr. Software Test Engineer for Network Processing Platform & Reliability Test Engineering team will be based in Singapore. The successful candidate will support Test Engineering efforts for the Gateway Services applications and work with Gateway Services Development and other peer Test Engineering organizations to ensure high levels of software quality and seamless code releases.
- Work with the team in developing testing strategy for the project and determining the appropriate balance of manual and automated tests
- Create manual test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Develop and enhance automated test frameworks and test cases for the different types of tests employed
- Execute and report on the full testing suite of both manual and automated tests
- Work with Development and other relevant teams to analyze, debug and resolve design and software issues
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Develop software to augment existing test automation tools
- Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Hands-on testing on Linux and Windows platform
- Work effectively with test lead and test engineers and provide technical guidance to peers as needed
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required
- 5 years of software engineering experience
- 3 years of manual and automated testing experience
- Excellent coding skills in Java
- Experience with software builds, testing and continuous integration tools preferably Jenkins
- Scripting experience on Linux (e.g. shell, python)
- Experience on using software tools such as Selenium, Junit. TestNG, Cucumber, Git, Jira and Maven
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, distributed systems, web technology (Jetty, Apache) and network protocols (HTTP, TCP/IP) desired
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry