Sr. SW Engineer
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays
About the Role
The Sr. Software Engineer would be a part of Visa’s Cloud Packaging team responsible for automation of standard products & tools used across the company. The role requires creating and managing software packages which includes adhering to standard practices of software development, designing and implementing systematic solutions and closely working with SMEs from requirement gathering stage all the way up to production release.
This position is for someone who has interest in coding/scripting and likes to solve challenging problems. Looking for a self-motivated individual with good software development skills and solid expertise with scripting/coding. Experience in using Chef or Ansible automation framework is a plus point.
You will be responsible for working with several teams to get your tasks accomplished; so good communication skills is necessary. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. The role demands problem solving and hence good debugging skills would be very helpful. The candidate should also be able to learn and pick up new scripting languages and technologies.
- Develop, test and maintain code/scripts/packages for Visa's Cloud team. Coding must adhere to all security standards and should be easily maintainable.
- Gather and analyze requirements, design solutions and finally implement it using the standard practices.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively within the team as well as with members from other teams.
- Collaborate with SMEs, QA team and support teams to ensure we have zero defect code for the requested automation.
- Understand and enhance coding guidelines and participate in peer code review processes
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Ability to learn new skills, languages and frameworks as and when required.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to best practices, standards and processes
- Bachelor's degree preferrably in Computer Science and 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Solid experience with writing scripts in Python/Perl/Ruby/Bash/PowerShell.
- Chef or Ansible automation framework experience is definitely a plus.
- Strong hold over Unix/Linux command line.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way.
- Experience in the financial domain or payment industry is a plus
· Incumbent is expected to work during core business hours
· Incumbent will be expected to travel less than 5%
· This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.