Director, Technical Account Management, Client Support Services, Cardinal Commerce
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Cardinal Commerce Global Customer Solutions team (GCS) team is tasked with supporting clients using the Visa Cardholder Authentication Service (VCAS) and other Cardinal Commerce products. As Director, Technical Account Management, you will be responsible for dedicated ongoing technical support of Cardinal’s Enterprise-level book of business with both Merchant and Issuer Customers. A successful TAM will display high levels of Business Acumen, relationship building and consultative-selling skills. They will possess the technical capacity to handle incoming inquiries and provide technical guidance to our top tier Customers. Show an understanding of Cardinal Product Strategy and Vision and have the ability to drive execution of strategy by working in tandem with Cardinal's Sales, Customer Success, and Support teams as well as with in-market Visa teams. Will act as Cardinal SME (tech sales, integration, support) for our customers.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- For assigned book of business (existing Enterprise Clients) act as Cardinal Technical SME
- For assigned accounts, create and maintain complete technical profile outlining how Customer has implemented Cardinal solutions (connection methods, flow diagrams, Customer environment, etc.)
- Function as a second level technical resource for best practice and Customer questions
- Ensure incoming support inquiries are handled in timely fashion and with highest level of Customer Service
- Engage with Customer Support as a Customer advocate to ensure speedy resolution of customer issues
- Lead technical account expansion efforts (setting up new MIDs, coordinating/monitoring new traffic ramps, pilots, etc.)
- Assist assigned Customers with:
- Basic and advanced transaction research
- Questions regarding Cardinal's Solutions and the authentication landscape in general
- Technical issues and inquiries
- Assist Customer Success Team with
- Performance/Transaction Monitoring and trending
- QBR process
- Technical discussions/questions
- Engage with Solution Engineering & Product Management as the customer advocate on product roadmap discussions
Per departmental guidelines, keep Salesforce current
Coordinate successful kickoff and start-up of new accounts along with Customer’s Project Managers, as required
Keep management informed of critical issues, strategic opportunities, and issue status
Prepare and present any required reports to requestor and management as required
Follow all established processes and procedures
Travel required, 15-20% of time
Key Knowledge Domains
Advanced knowledge of authentication and payment brand transaction flows
Advanced knowledge in Cardinal technology and implementation methods
Ability to read/troubleshoot transaction logs
Demonstrated Success in in thinking strategically, executing tactically while providing consistent and high levels of customer satisfaction and retention in a fast-paced environment
Competitive awareness and proficient in explaining Cardinal's product and service differentiators
Superior customer focus and drive for results
Proven ability to take initiative and work independently
Strong financial acumen
Drive results and successfully handle multiple priorities against tight deadlines
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or University, within a Business, Finance or Technology discipline
In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s degree with 10+ years of experience will be considered
5+ years of successful technical support and/or relationship management experience
High degree of proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Ability to work in a virtual environment while travelling; i.e. solid time management, organization, negotiation and influence skills.
Proven analytical and decision-making abilities.
Able to proactively identify business opportunities and persuasively influence both internal and external constituents.
Superior teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Developed information seeking skills and ability to communicate for results.
Advanced negotiation, influencing and collaboration skills.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and have a disposition to work independently with a commitment to detail in an organized manner
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Executive-level written and verbal communication, and customer interaction skills
- Ability to translate technical communications from engineers into client facing material
- Strong organization skills including resolution management and follow up
- Experience in owning and defining business processes in a technology company
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.