Finance Data Analyst
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Global Operating Certificates is responsible for the completeness and accuracy of operational data submitted by clients. The Global Data Analytics team is responsible for the systems and processes employing the use of mining tools and advanced analytics for revenue data analysis. These tools help us analyze voluminous revenue and metric data for anomalies and work to prevent revenue leakage and generate operational alpha across our regional GOC teams.
What a Finance Data Analyst does at Visa:
The Finance Data Analyst will participate in the deployment of data technology to create global tools that will enhance the effectiveness of GOC’s operations. These include:
- the extensive transformation and harmonization of data across multiple data sources;
- the creation of analytical models to identify anomalies and detect exceptions; and
- the usage of automation and visualization to report and communicate results achieved.
The Analyst will provide insights to the GOC Operations team, identifying revenue leakages and data anomalies, driving process efficiency and effectiveness via automation and optimization.
Why this is important to Visa:
GOC collects and reports a wide range of operational data that drives fees, business decisions and strategy across Visa. Timely and reliable data is fundamental to these processes that drive Visa’s performance.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accountancy, Mathematics, Data Science or equivalent.
- Experience in the usage of Python or R in data-driven analytics
- Expertise in using advanced Microsoft Excel modules such as PowerQuery, VBA
- Strong written and verbal skills, as well as the ability to Communicate Effectively
- Excellent project and time management working as part of a Global team across multiple time zones
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a dynamic and evolving environment to Inspire Success
- Ability to work independently as well as Deliver as One team at One Visa
What will also help:
- Experience with the usage of technical data skills in a business domain
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau and PowerBI
- 3-5 years of work experience in a relevant domain
Projects you will be a part of:
The Analyst will participate in the lifecycle of business data projects and process improvements. This ranges from data extraction, transformation and harmonization to analysis, reporting and visualization. Through the innovative pairing of Finance and Business expertise along with Data skills, the team delivers solutions emphasizing scalability, efficiency and accuracy.
By ensuring that Visa’s data are as complete and accurate as possible, we maximize operational alpha and minimize revenue leakage. This has a direct impact on the top-line numbers that Visa delivers.