Director, Fraud Risk
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results. In Asia Pacific (AP), VCA has geographically focused teams and the Center of Excellence (COE) team which provides expertise in specific industry or functional verticals (Digital, Risk, Business Solutions and Acquiring). The incumbent will be part of VCA COE Risk practice team and will be responsible for consulting Visa's clients in the area of Fraud risk. The team is involved in providing Risk consulting to clients across the AP region, leveraging Visa Risk Products & solution along with data analytics capabilities and best practice to solve complex business problems.
What a Director, Fraud Risk does at Visa:
As part of the role, candidate will be leading the Fraud Risk consulting practice and be responsible for growth of the practice. In the role, candidate will be developing proposition by closely working with internal stakeholders, promoting the solutions with external clients and delivering the consulting engagement. The role will require you to work across different Visa clients - Issuers, Acquirers, and Merchants & Fintech firms. The consulting team is focused on advising clients on ways to reduce fraud losses & optimize payment experience for the customer and as the lead for Fraud Risk, you will be delivering engagements that meet the objective. The candidate will be also responsible for forging external partnerships, developing new risk propositions and partnering with internal Visa stakeholders to promote Visa Risk products & solution. As someone with deep Fraud expertise, you will be also responsible in guiding other members in the risk team to build solutions & drive thought leadership – predictive models, fraud insights & white papers. We have a highly collaborative process and you are required to work across multiple teams and functions to develop cutting edge, creative and advanced consulting & analytic solutions and processes.
The candidate will be working with Visa clients across Asia Pacific and will be based in Singapore. The incumbent will be reporting into Practice Lead for Risk.
Why this is important to Visa
Fraud prevention is an important part of the overall strategy of Visa and also a growing need of the clients. As a payment consulting arm of Visa, VCA wants to build a team of highly specialize experts that can provide best in class payment expertise to the client. In this role, you will be critical part of Visa strategy to serve its client need to reduce fraud loss without impacting customer experience. In the role, you will at the forefront of providing the fraud prevention consulting and will have ownership of key metric directly monitored by senior leadership within Visa.
We are looking to hire candidates that have deep expertise in managing fraud in the previous role. As a candidate you should have:
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in Fraud prevention with either Issuer, Acquirer or Merchants.
- Must have executed successful fraud reduction strategy in the payment fraud area.
- Hands on experience of working in fraud management environment in the previous role and detail understanding of fraud environment (Application fraud in Digital environment, Account take over fraud, Cybersecurity, Bot attacks etc.).
- Candidates with exposure to Authorization processing, Authentication, Risk controls, Policies, Risk infrastructure, Rule management etc. will be preferred.
- Post Graduate degree - MBA or Masters in Quantitative field such as Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent experience preferred.
In addition individual should be:
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Good business acumen with strong ability to solve business problems through data driven quantitative methodologies. Experience in cards/payments, retail banking, or retail merchant industries is important.
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, with the ability to tailor data driven results to various audience levels.
- Detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis.
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations, and delivery.
- Experience in presenting ideas and analysis to stakeholders.
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity and strive to continually learn.
- Willingness to travel 25%+
What will also help:
- Understanding of Visa Risk Products & Risk standards will be a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and managing multiple consulting projects with diverse cross-functional stakeholders will be a plus.
- Candidate with mix experience of working with Issuer and Merchant will be a plus.
Projects you will be a part of:
As part of the team you will get opportunity to work on strategically important projects for clients. As an example, you might be working with a client to build the cross sell strategy for the Bank. In another area, you might be working to build scoring solution using alternate data or building fraud prevention strategy for a merchant. The candidate will also be working on building data driven solutions in the area of Risk. The role will provide opportunity to work very closely with clients to solve specific problems and at the same time drive industry wide thought leadership on specific topic of interest.