Compliance Analyst – Screening
- Miami, FL, USA
Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across 6 continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses, Earthport is a UK innovation success story, listed on the London Stock Exchange with offices in London, New York, Singapore, Miami and Dubai, expanding each year. The Group also provides tailored FX and payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
We use four values to help inform and guide the way in which we undertake our work, both internally and externally. These values provide an insight into our shared spirit and common culture. They also help set the expectations for individuals joining our business and insight into what we look for in you
Incumbents must (after appropriate training):
• Understand automated sanction screening tools
• Identify and internally escalate actual or suspected sanctions matches
• Follow-up potential ‘matches’ through open source interrogation
• Ensure sanction queries are sent in a timely manner in line with our internal SLAs and deadlines set
• Keep up to date with sanction regimes • Identify and escalate suspected financial crime incidents
• Identify trends, and use data to suggest improvements to effectively resolve service issues
• Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance
• The risk-assessment of proposed markets, products and counterparties (clients and partners).
• Collation, assessment and recording of counterparty due diligence.
• Other compliance officers with monitoring reviews and audits.
• Other compliance officers with detailed resolution work re compliance issues, queries and concerns raised both internally and externally as directed by the MLRO.
• By committing to learning relevant compliance legislation and regulation, in particular, the 4th EU Anti- Money Laundering Directive and the EU Payment Services Directive
• Ad-hoc compliance project work (e.g. Data Protection, Fraud).
• Develop an understanding of EPO operations, payment processes and I.T (the Product).
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Applicants are requested, but not required, to provide a deal sheet along with their resumes.
- Varies upon the needs of the department
- This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.