Vice President, Global Talent Management
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for an experienced leader who is excited about joining an organization with a strong focus on talent.
You will be Head of Visa’s Talent Management team, focused on innovative strategies, tools and processes that enable our employees to deliver peak performance and driving initiatives that enable employees to have a successful and an engaging career at Visa.
In partnership with our business leaders and HR partners, you will be responsible for deepening our existing performance and talent management framework, introducing new ways to elevate employee engagement and career development and recognition. Your work will directly impact Visa’s ability better assess, motivate, develop and retain top talent.
Through this role, you will lead Visa through critical talent assessment and performance milestones including goal setting, mid-year, year-end, succession models, high-potential talent identification, critical roles assessment etc. You will leverage human capital data to deliver innovative yet practical talent solutions that help drive performance in our dynamic, rapidly changing business environment. This role is a unique combination of strategic, operational, and tactical leadership.
Reporting to the SVP of Talent, you will empower our people and managers with tools and frameworks they need to be successful in a performance driven culture. It is about equipping employees to think, act and perform in a digital environment that is transforming daily.
Responsibilities – Talent Management
- Develop and deploy a multi-year talent management strategy and program designed to continually enhance the knowledge and growth of colleagues to advance Visa’s objectives and values.
- Lead and manage the team responsible for performance management through critical talent assessment and performance milestones at Visa including goal setting, mid-year, year-end, succession models, high-potential talent identification, critical roles assessment etc.
- Gather data and conduct talent assessments and reviews to identify, develop and retain high potentials across Visa as well as to build succession plans with a particular focus on diverse talent
- Analyze people-related data and leading trends to better understand drivers of career development and design solutions to build a world class career development infrastructure at Visa
- Transform and manage our internal marketplace for talent by leading strategic initiatives around employee mobility, engagement, organization culture, and recognition
- Take end-to-end responsibility for transforming Visa’s annual employee survey to a continuous listening strategy
- Always leverage a customer-driven approach to design to ensure that talent processes and solutions are simple, easy and effective; optimize to develop increased capabilities and higher performance culture
- Is able to champion and create buy-in for testing and implementing new talent management technologies and solutions
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15+ years of HR and talent management; specifically, in two or more of the following practice areas: talent management, career development, organizational design, workforce planning, performance management, employee engagement
- 5+ years of people management experience; willing to be a coach and inspire the team members
- Ability to understand business strategies and translate them into actionable and compelling talent development initiatives
- Collaborative and influential in partnering with HR Business Partners as well as Executive Business Leaders
- A strategic thinker who connects business strategy with outcomes and financial responsibility
- Considerable experience leading large-scale, complex change and transformation
- Demonstrated leadership presence, with a proven ability to inspire followership across all levels of the organization, and track record of influencing senior leaders.
- Self-directed, seasoned HR leader with experience at designing and rapidly implementing new tools and processes and ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Substantial problem-solving skills with strategic focus on process mapping, task management and execution
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.