PMO Lead - Level 6
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a PMO Lead, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Visa’s Corporate IT organisation is made up of several teams that all work towards the same goal; To build, operate, and maintain the IT systems and infrastructure necessary to enable a highly connected and collaborative workforce that helps power Visa’s business. With our mission in mind, we work to ensure the world is connected through the most advanced and innovative digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
We prioritise delightful user experiences. We do not take orders; rather, we build deep partnerships with our business partners and champion proactive new ways technology can advance our business into the future.
The lead for this PMO lane within CIT will report to CIT's Head of Program Management and Business Operations. A successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-calibre talent.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio 10+ programs with a budget of over $25M
- Provide leadership and oversight to a team of project managers. Provide project teams with expertise, direction, motivation, and encouragement. Team size of up to 10, with a mix of both FTE and contractor staff
- Work with Business Sponsors to develop project roadmaps which align to business objectives and sequenced by priority and resource availability
- Provide resource plans, budget tracking and forecasting. Manage team to achieve target scope, schedule and cost
- Identify and manage dependencies and impacts among projects across the portfolio. Manage issues escalated from related projects
- Work with business and technology subject matter experts to define scope, create estimates, develop budgets and project plans, and produce documentation needed for funding approvals
- Ensure that all projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls and that accurate and timely information is collected and reported regularly on project portfolio progress and financial status
- Demonstrate and leverage strong business and financial acumen
What we’re after…
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Must possess strong customer relationship management skills, including working in a global environment and interacting with senior management
- Must possess strong organisational and process management skills, ability to manage with influence in a highly matrixed environment
- A strong base among areas such as project/program management, financial and budget management in technology, technology consulting, and technology processes
- Solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies, and best practices. Hands-on experience with Agile frameworks like SCRUM, XP, Lean & Kanban
- Direct management experience of other project / program managers and experience with managing and developing senior managers
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organisational levels internally and externally as needed
- Strong leadership qualities and organisational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically
- PMP and CSM certifications are preferred
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint), Clarity, and Hyperion
- Exposure to tools like Rally, Jira and Wiki
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Visa's financial practices and technology processes is a plus but not required
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel <5% of the time
- Incumbent must make themselves available occasionally to support teams in our US and Asia Pacific offices.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.