Senior Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics - US Financial Institution Consulting
- New York, NY, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA), the consulting arm of Visa, is a global team of industry experts in strategy, marketing, operations, risk and digital consulting, with decades of experience in the payments industry. Our VCA teams offers:
- Consulting services customized to the needs of Visa client’s business objectives and strategy
- Digital solutions Visa clients can leverage to improve performance in product, marketing and operations
- Proven data-driven marketing strategies to increase clients’ ROI
The VCA team is looking for an individual to join our consulting practice and play a role in developing high impact projects for Visa’s clients in the North America region. The potential candidate will be responsible for delivering and implementing projects and solutions with Large Financial Institutions (FI's). This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both, the preferred brand and unique business partner.
Potential engagements could include product development, program launch, card acquisition, life cycle optimization, benchmark analysis, profitability enhancement.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively engage Visa leaders in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with Large FIs.
- Leads consulting initiatives and contributes to closing engagement by identifying potential opportunities with Large FIs.
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
- Build solutions and actionable insights that will help clients to grow their card portfolios and customer engagement in their core business
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., sales, marketing, sales, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Produce insights, analyses and recommendations to improve client performance, boost growth, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the product categories and segments
- Ability to effectively manipulate and analyze large data sets (industry and Visa) to determine meanings insights and recommendations for clients
- Build new scalable solutions, toolkits, best practice documents and consulting approach that can be applied across VCA practice
Incumbents applying for the role should be self-motivated, highly energized; detail-oriented individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics and high impact solutions to clients support the growth and performance. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with internal and external clients and across the Visa organization.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- 10-15 years of relevant experience managing credit card portfolios and experience from a large management consulting firm
- Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance. Significant focus on impacting ROI
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes, marketing initiatives and card acquiring experience
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Technology mindset, curious, up-to-date with digital trends and applications
- Team focus
Location: Ashburn,VA or New York, NY area
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel:: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work around 25% of the time.
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms.
EEO: Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.