Sr. SW Test Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The successful candidate will be playing a key role in the VISA Network Processing Platform and Reliability Test Engineering team's automation and functional Testing stream. This position will be based in Austin. This position is ideal for an experienced Software Test Engineer who is passionate about testing complex and challenging business problems and testing applications that provide an excellent user experience. The role is for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including analyzing business requirements and design documents, development of Test Plans, Test Design and Test cases, design walk-thrus, testing, and coordinating with other application teams for integration/interface testing.
- Perform quality assurance testing inclusive of unit, systems, integration and regression testing, and support the development of automated test scripts to be used to automate regression testing and managing the overall test artifacts and test execution
- Test planning and Test strategy development using industry best practices
- Log software defects in the Visa standard defect tracking tool and work with development team on defect resolution
- Manage QA environments and perform application deployment and troubleshooting
- Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Participate in code reviews with team members.
- Provide support to User Acceptance Testing in terms of data set up and support activities.
- Perform walkthrough of QA test results with business partners on need base
- Developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Foster partnerships with upstream and downstream teams including system analysts, architects, developers, and product owners or clients to ensure alignment and consistency in reducing product risk throughout the SDLC.
- Work with Project managers to provide QA estimates, schedule planning and providing status updates
- Work collaboratively with other QA teams for integration testing activities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field
- 4+ years relevant work experience with functional and non-functional testing of applications and experience with unit test and test automation with such tools as Selenium, and/or Cucumber, Ruby.
- Experience with automation tools like Junit, TestNG, Cucumber, Selenium RC/WebDriver
- Hands-on coding experience with any of the following Object Oriented Languages : Java/J2EE /C++
- A passion for developing test oriented frameworks, tools, utilities and simulators/harness, ensuring superb code quality and manage code governance
- Strong knowledge of database query tools like DB2, SQL, MySQL, MongoDB and ability to write and run complex queries for data validation
- Hands-on experience in testing and building automation suites for complex Web Based Applications.
- Strong understanding of Agile, Scrum, and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Candidate must be able to proficiently multi-task and be able to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong desire to learn new technical skills and grow with latest technical trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Ability to work well within a globally distributed team in a high performance organization
- Experience in payments or Banking Industries is a plus
- Prior Mainframe exposure is a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.