Sr. Product Manager, Digital Products, Merchant Services
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be!
Visa Digital Payment Products team is on the forefront of Visa’s innovation and looking for talented individuals with vision, passion and determination to make our clients business and consumer products more engaging, seamlessly available, easy to use and secure.
Digital Payment Product management team at Visa is responsible for building digital platforms including Tokenization and SRC platform, setting standards for Digital Commerce, and partnering with other teams to drive adoption and scale across these efforts.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Drive the strategic roadmap, defining product and market requirements by understanding the needs of merchant ecosystem
- Clearly communicate vision and goals of existing and new products
- Establish detailed business requirements and specifications for existing and new services and products
- Collaborate deeply with-in product and other cross-functional teams such as development, architecture, testing, integration, design etc.
- Analyze data to provide actionable insights and iterate product capabilities
- Ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Participate in client facing discussions, provide feedback, learn, evaluate and apply in defining product
- Focus on user feedback, metrics and stakeholder feedback.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of services (APIs) offered by Digital Payments Product team.
- Managing, grooming, planning and execution of a steady product backlog in a very fast paced agile environment.
- Perform triage on critical issues, escalating as necessary and communicating consistently and clearly with all concerned parties
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation, accountability, and team player.
- Demonstrate strong customer centric mindset
- Ability to drive decisions and resolve conflicting situations
- Creativity and resourcefulness to overcome unexpected roadblocks
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving meaningful results
- As product manager for services enable great user experiences for consumers of your service
- Recent product management and / or technical background with defining / building / managing RESTful services
- Product management experience with external services that enable excellent user experiences, especially with services for e-commerce or payment systems or financial systems.
- Payment industry experience is a plus
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours
May be needed to take phone calls with teams in various time zones as needed
Travel as needed by the business up to 20%. Travel will be required occasionally depending on projects
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.