AfroTech Intern- Afro Tech 2019
- Oakland, CA, USA
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for the following locations: Foster City, CA; San Francisco, CA; Palo Alto, CA; Seattle, WA; Ashburn, VA; Bellevue, WA; Austin, TX; Highlands Ranch, CO
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Welcome to the 2019 AfroTech Conference!!! Visa is excited to announce that we will be in attendance at the 2019 AfroTech Conference in Oakland, CA. Please review the following and apply for a position! Additionally, when applying, please take a moment to indicate which team and position you are most interested in!
***This opportunity is posted in relationship to the 2019 AfroTech Conference from November 7th- 10th. You must be in attendance at the conference to be considered for this position. ***
Here are the roles we're hiring for across the following platforms:
- Software Engineers
- System Engineers
- Security Engineer
- QA Test Engineer
- Database Engineers
- Technical Product Managers
- Operations Technicians
- Data Scientists
- Research Scientists (PhD)
- Technical Writers
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- System Analysts
- At its core, Visa is a payments network that connects consumers and merchants with financial institutions. The team is building the long-term architecture on architecture on open platforms and commodity hardware, as well as opening our technology platforms to enable industry collaboration and innovation through co- development.
- Debit Processing Services (DPS), our Issuer Processing platform for North America, processes over half of all Visa Debit transactions and is the largest single prepaid processing platform for Visa prepaid transactions in the U.S. The team also partners with third-party companies outside of the U.S. to deliver value-added services through Visa-owned assets.
Merchant + Acquirer Processing
- Merchant and Acquirer Processing (MAP) is focused on executing the Visa Merchant Strategy, building deeper merchant and acquirer relationships and increasing Total Merchant Value by developing solutions that address complex and emerging merchant and acquirer needs.
Digital and Developer Platform
- Develop, deliver, and manage end-to-end technology products, services, capabilities, and solutions while collaborating with a global community of client, merchant, and partner developers to promote the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments in emerging and developed markets
Data Product Development
- Develops and manages end-to-end technology solutions that create value from our enterprise data through internal and client-focused information-based services, business intelligence and insights, and data-driven product innovation.
- We deliver secure, high-quality and easy-to-use Visa core data assets as a service, together with reliable and scalable data platform as a service, that enable Visa internal partners to rapidly and efficiently innovate data-driven business products and services to lead the digital payment industry.
- Cyber Security provides enterprise-wide, risk-based security and continuity programs, and continually evolves security and continuity capabilities to meet changing internal and external threat landscapes.
- Build, operate and maintain the IT systems and infrastructure necessary to enable a highly connected and collaborative workforce that helps power Visa’s business.
Technology Planning and Business Operations
- Provides a structured approach to synchronize, align and unite technology delivery capabilities with business management strategies for improved Technology + Operations organizational performance, execution and risk control.
Operations + Infrastructure
- For Visa to deliver on the vision of the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere, O&I must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, and run on software-defined infrastructures.
- Visa Research conducts applied research on the most challenging problems in the payment industry and provides technical thought leadership for the company’s future.
-High School diploma or equivalent and must be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, PhD or equivalent.
-Each team is seeking different skills and talents. Exposure to any of the following will help us to find a home for you at Visa:
- Interest in any of the following areas: cybersecurity, operations, software engineering or product/project management.
- Strong research experiences and publication record in machine learning and/or data mining, advanced cryptography, systems security, blockchain and quantum computing.
- Experience with iOS development, Android development, and web development
- Good understanding of systems and infrastructure including storage, networking, data center, physical servers, hypervisors, operating systems, database and middleware concepts
- Mainframe technology interest
- Highly driven and resourceful
- You should possess the Visa Leadership skills including: leading by example, being decisive, enabling and inspiring others, collaborating and openly communicating
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.