Software Engineer, Web Applications (REF20023I) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Our UI Engineering team is building the front-end for a unified digital payments system, used by millions of users, and shared by top merchants, payment providers, and banks. Our front-end powers multiple Secure Remote Commerce and has a global reach that spans 5 continents and 20+ countries. The technologies we use include React, TypeScript, WebPack, and Sass just to name a few. We collaborate closely with each other in engineering, design and product teams, are passionate about excellence in technical design and coding, and strive for continuous learning and improvement.
You are passionate about developing well-architected mobile Web applications and enjoy solving challenging technical problems that meet business objectives.
* Develop new product features from inception to launch
* Build SPA Web applications and UI components shared across multiple applications using React based front-end stack
* Work closely with multiple stakeholders in cross-functional organization in an Agile environment
* Architect technical solutions that support the needs and objectives of both the product roadmap and the technology roadmap
* Design and build applications for performance, scalability, availability, reliability, and security
* Maintain high coding standards and follow best practices such as unit testing, peer reviews
* Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
* 2-3 years of experience in React
* Experience working on cross-browser, cross-device, hybrid apps
* Familiarity with NodeJS a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.