Junior Project Manager / Scrum Master - Client Services
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to influence the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Our Project Managers are highly visible leaders, building bridges across Visa to ensure projects are effectively developed, integrated and deployed with quality and on time delivery. Our Scrum Masters coach and mentor teams to deliver critical, customer facing, enterprise class software development projects. The Client Systems team encompasses enterprise technology that empowers Visa Inc. staff to perform core business functions needed to support ongoing management of Visa Inc. operations. Client Systems influences the business by delivering solutions that focus on cost reduction and operational efficiencies while promoting incremental revenue growth through the delivery of shared platform solutions used by Visa Inc.’s internal sales, business teams, and external merchant clients.
- Solid understanding of project management techniques, including both waterfall and agile methodologies, and best practices.
- Experience managing technology software development or infrastructure projects.
- Drive projects from concept to implementation by managing day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of large-scale complex projects in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Work with business and technology subject matter experts to create accurate estimates, produce project charters and other documentation required for funding approvals and forecasting against approved budget.
- Manage and drive projects to achieve target scope and schedule while identifying and actively managing dependencies and impacts.
- Direct project activities, conduct reviews, manage risk mitigations, issues, project schedule, and change controls.
- Achieve project goals through effective communication with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including architects and strategists, business partners, vendors, and senior management.
- Communicate project issues and risks in a manner suitable to the audience of technical team, stakeholder and senior management.
- Ensure projects comply with Visa's Project Management Methodology and controls.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- PMP certification and Certified ScrumMaster (CSM).
- Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Experience managing technically complex, cross-organizational, global, or multi-stakeholder projects.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally.
- Ability to analyze and organize a plan based upon available information.
- Strong leadership qualities, organizational skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) as well as project management, reporting, and agile tools including, Tableau, TFS, Rally, JIRA, MS Project, Clarity PPM, SharePoint, and Wiki.
- Ability to influence, without direct authority to achieve project goals. Demonstrate skills in conflict management and negotiation to achieve project goals and develop trust with stakeholders.
- Experience with CRM and/or Call Center applications.
- The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- The incumbent must make themselves available to support technical resources in the Asian Pacific time zones
- The position requires the incumbent to travel for work <10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.