Director, Global Arbitration and Compliance (Chargeback)
Global Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting. Client Services includes the Dispute Resolution Management function which provides provide clients fair adjudication and accurate interpretation of the Visa Dispute Resolution Rules. Uphold the integrity of the Visa dispute resolution framework by ensuring the framework, tools and process are reinforced with streamlined and enhanced dispute rules. The Visa dispute resolution framework is designed to incentivise and facilitate the fair resolution of disputed transactions to the benefit of all stakeholders and underpins the work of developing and promoting new and globally interoperable payment innovations, including promoting the security of the payments eco-system, as well as upholding and encouraging compliance with the appropriate industry standards. It forms part of Visa’s incentive to implementation and use of new and existing technologies, provide greater protection against any disputed transactions and the associated financial liability for these disputed transactions.
This position has overall responsibility for managing the arbitration and compliance functions for Asia Pacific (AP) and Central Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMEA) regions. Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage assigned regional case filings
- Proactively identify operational opportunities and implement recommendations to increase production or efficiency.
- Responsible for own work flow assignments and must be able to take the initiative to resolve problems and meet deadlines.
- Manage, set priorities, and motivate and mentor staff to ensure all service levels are met or exceeded.
- Contribute to the definition and fulfillment of team and corporate objectives and goals.
- Adjudicate arbitration and compliance cases
- Provide clients and staff with accurate information and analysis of Visa rules and ensure service levels are met.
- Manage client escalations and requests in relation to dispute resolution rules and processes
- Provide strategic support to product teams for development of operating regulations and identify issues for new products/services.
- Lead and coordinate in global dispute resolution projects.
- Assist in identifying and proposing business rule changes that address trends, client needs, new business models, etc.
- Stay current with industry and market trends to anticipate possible challenges resulting from changing political, social and economic environments specifically for the assigned region(s).
- Stay abreast of new products and services, and industry and technology trends to be able to support Visa strategic goals and client initiatives.
Client Training and Support, as applicable
- Act as subject matter expert in presentation material preparation and be present at regional and global meetings as needed.
- Maintain training materials based on Visa rule changes and industry trends that are strategic in nature.
- Conduct client training
- Provide leadership to the team that publishes dispute-related publications.
- Set direction to proactively review and improve client performance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Requires a minimum of 12+ years’ experience in financial services or payment card services.
- 10+ years’ experience in the card or financial business with concentration in dispute processing, issuing support, merchant acquiring, back office and banking operations, as well as demonstrated advanced people-management skills.
- Advanced understanding of transaction processing, including authorization, clearing and settlement; card technologies, including token, chip/EMV; ATM services, and industry players including acquirers, issuer, processors, agents, merchants and cardholders. Extensive knowledge of Visa rules and regulations also required.
- Strong judgment and negotiation skills to ensure full customer satisfaction and limit negative processing impacts.
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving.
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently.
- Proficiency providing technical and consultative support to external customers and identify business needs.
- Experience with process documentation and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
Other Required Characteristics
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment (people oriented/team player)
- Ability to handle change
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and Visa Resolve Online is a plus.