Intern (Masters), Software Engineering (Beijing)
- Beijing, China
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take in joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout your internship period, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you’re up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
Insight to the department:
Visa’s Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone’s digital and mobile lives. At DDP, we are focused on creating smarter payment solutions that provide fast, easier ways to pay with phone, web and other digital devices wherever you are – remote or proximity payment.
So what are we looking for in a Software Engineering intern (Master Degree)?
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems: 2003, 2008, 2012 and x86 hardware
- Knowledge of UNIX Operating Systems: RedHat 5/6. Solaris 8/10, AIX 6 and the respective hardware.
- Exposure to WebSphere/Tomcat/WebLogic/Web Service
- Knowledge in Mobile Device delivery. E.g. Cloud Services, plugins
- Exposure to Virtualization/Hypervisor: VMware, MS HyperV, Linux KVM
- Fundamental knowledge in information security and hardening
- Fundamental IP network knowledge
- Well-versed in MS Excel and knowing how to use function(s) such as V-Look U
- Master Degree students graduating in Dec 2020 or later
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven and resourceful
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.