Finance Business Partner
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Finance Business Partner, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
This role will play an integral part in providing key financial & commercial support and direction to the Continental Europe (CE) business through the provision of accurate, timely and insightful data and analysis to support quality decision making.
The key purpose of the role will be to design and implement a first class MI infrastructure for Continental Europe, including key driver analysis, by Country, Client and Product as well as key KPIs that help monitor and understand the business to an in depth level.
This role will report to the Head of Analytics, Continental Europe Finance. The incumbent will lead decision support and appropriate financial analytics to respond to business requirements and drive decision-making including business case modelling and scenario assessments. The role is also critical to ensure adherence to financial controls throughout the division.
This hands-on role requires strong commercial acumen with the desire and ability to challenge the performance of the business by providing timely insights and analysis that provide the Leadership team the key ingredients to make sound decisions for the business.
What we expect of you, day to day:
Analysis and Management Information (MI):
- Provide timely/ accurate customised MI, revenues and expense, for the ERLT and Monthly Business Reviews (MBR) with Global HQ stakeholders. In addition, be the quality control for Quarterly QBU’s from the Cluster FBPs.
- Deliver proactive and insightful analysis of key trends to enrich commentary and understanding of the key business and financial Risks & Opportunities
- Maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of the division’s business drivers and develop a comprehensive understanding of how this fits into the overall business strategy
- Produce on going ad hoc analysis for the CE MD upon request and be prepared to adapt workload to produce output at the last minute.
- Act as Coordination/Consolidation/Challenge point for all MI generated by the Cluster FBPs.
Finance Business Partnering:
- Being able to translate business performance in an easy way to the ERLT for them to interpret and act upon.
- Business Partnering the CE Business Performance team by providing useful MI upon request to build out future strategy (e.g. Sales Pipeline analysis, Market Share etc.).
- Deliver Quarterly Forecasts and Annual budgets for the CE Business
- Be the architect of a first class planning process and project manage the annual cycle to completion, taking learnings from prior years.
- Use underlying trends and external market factors to assist with the short-term forecasts (current financial year), budgets (next financial year) and other longer term plans as required
- Drive the introduction of rolling forecasts to the CE business in order to keep pace with actual trends.
Process design and Improvement:
- Develop Financial processes to support the business needs and implementation of new initiatives
- Drive improvements across the function in forecast accuracy and streamline the forecast process
What we’re after…
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA) with intermediate post qualified experience
- Strong analytical skills and ability to handle large amounts of data
- Demonstrated strong commercial focus with a proven record of analysing business performance, identifying trends and issues and challenges the norm by recommending appropriate actions.
- Good Business Partnering experience with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Ability to build and cultivate effective relationships with senior executives and stakeholders within relevant functions and within the Finance function at a regional and global level
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with regional teams
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Proven self-starter
- Experience of Hyperion, Oracle Applications, COGNOS, GBI and an advance user of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Broad understanding of the payment landscape and visa products and solutions
Training & Development:
Visa are committed to your professional development and growth. Our Europe Finance (London) has received both trainee and professional accreditation from ACCA and CIMA.
These accreditations recognise Visa Europe’s high standards of staff training and development. As such we want to ensure our new hires are aware of the opportunities to them, as well as the on-going support they will receive.
Trainees and Professional Qualified Individuals can take advantage of the following to support their career development:
- Wide range of learning opportunities offered by Visa to employees
- Supported learning through ACCA and CIMA
- Simplified CPD and performance objective sign off
- Dedicated assistance when needed from the Professional bodies
- Discounted prices on a range of qualifications and support
Diversity & Inclusion:
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.