Finance Analyst - Continental Europe Finance
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Finance Analyst - Continental Europe Finance, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
This role will be responsible for all Expense reporting and associated analytics relating to the Continental Europe (CE) P&L. It will manage the month end process, including processing of all expense journals, updating all expense reports, all headcount analysis and, providing expense driver analysis. The role will also be the liaison point for all cost centre managers within CE and will oversee all expense Budgets and forecasts (including drivers) as well as provide ad hoc support on any MI requests on expenses. The role will also be responsible for consolidating and analysing all vertical functional expenses that feed into the CE fully loaded P&L.
The role will report into the Head of Revenue and Analytics, Continental Europe.
What we expect of you, day to day.
This hands-on role requires attention to detail, close monitoring of expenses and a willingness to build out the reporting infrastructure on Continental Europe’s expenses. This will include
- Overall responsibility for expense reporting for Continental Europe P&L (including Balance Sheet as appropriate).
- Managing the quarterly expense forecasts and annual budgets, including all relevant expense drivers (e.g. headcount, professional fees, Marketing, Travel & Expenses etc).
- Supporting the financial control and financial governance activities for the Division (working with the Financial Control Team) - this role needs to provide and demonstrate a tight cost control environment to support the Quarterly SOX sign off by the CE MD.
- Supporting the development of a best in class MI infrastructure on expenses for the CE P&L that helps the management team gain a deep understanding of its cost base. This will include a suite of insightful KPIs that help the business to monitor and drive performance.
- Liasing with Functional Finance Business Partners to obtain analysis and commentary on “Vertical” costs that relate to the CE P&L
- Managing all MDF and VIK reporting and planning – needs to build out a clear infrastructure for reporting
- Providing guidance on finance policies, practices and processes to the function
- Working with HR to ensure accurate headcount reporting
- Challenging investment decisions to ensure quality decisions are made by management.
- Consolidation and production of all CE expenses for the annual budget and quarterly forecast process for CE, including coordination of the Functional budgets that are included in the cluster P&Ls.
- Reviewing and challenging of all cluster expense budget and forecast submissions to ensure they are fully understood and are of high quality.
- Ensuring all relevant expense targets are embedded into the annual scorecard
- Working with HR to ensure that phasing of recruitment budget/forecast is accurate and timely
- Ensuring Operating Expense requirements are identified, understood and challenged, and making recommendations with respect to performance against targets, budgeting process and financial viability of new functional initiatives
- Ensuring all Discretionary spend requests are clearly identified by activity and by return on Investment
- Integrating and consolidating the results of Cybersource and MS&A into Continental Europe Reporting and Planning
Analysis and Management Information (MI)
- Providing timely/ accurate customised MI (Cluster MI Packs) and Expense Analysis (relating to Continental Europe Sales) for all Management Reporting purposes
- Delivering proactive and insightful analysis of key trends in Expenses to enrich commentary and understanding of the key business and financial Risks & Opportunities
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge and understanding of the division’s business drivers and develop a comprehensive understanding of how this fits into the overall business strategy
- Building robust monthly headcount reporting with HR including PN number, Budgeted vacancies, new approvals and leavers. Should include status of recruitment for each open position
- Building robust reporting of Value in Kind (VIK) activity, including breakdown of balance sheet deferrals, status of project delivery and amount of VIK signed in year (as a % of Incentives)
- Developing accurate reporting of Growth Initiatives, ensuring sensible investment asks, headcount requests and credible revenue returns
What we’re after…
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA) with mid-level post qualified experience
- Excellent attention to detail and level of accuracy
- High level of analytical skills
- Appetite to build best in class MI infrastructure
- Strong drive for process improvement
- Proven record of analysing business performance, identifying trends and issues and challenges the norm by recommending appropriate actions.
- Team oriented, collaborative, strong inter personal skills
- Proven self-starter
- Experience of Hyperion, Oracle Applications, GBI, COGNOS and an advance user of Microsoft Office programmes (particularly excel)
- Broad understanding of the payment landscape and visa products and solutions
- Report building experience
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Training & Development:
Visa are committed to your professional development and growth. Our Europe Finance (London) has received both trainee and professional accreditation from ACCA and CIMA.
These accreditations recognise Visa Europe’s high standards of staff training and development. As such we want to ensure our new hires are aware of the opportunities to them, as well as the on-going support they will receive.
Trainees and Professional Qualified Individuals can take advantage of the following to support their career development:
- Wide range of learning opportunities offered by Visa to employees
- Supported learning through ACCA and CIMA
- Simplified CPD and performance objective sign off
- Dedicated assistance when needed from the Professional bodies
- Discounted prices on a range of qualifications and support
Diversity & Inclusion:
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.