Business Analyst - Level 5
- Reading, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Business Analyst, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The broader team has responsibility for managing the technology relationship with one of Visa’s largest clients as well as having responsibility for providing management, technical oversight, support and delivery for various domestic processing solutions (such as India & Russia) as well as analysing the technical viability and fit of strategic investments.
Members of the team are highly visible leaders, we work across and collaborate with a broad range of functions across Visa, to ensure our projects are effectively managed, developed, integrated, and deployed into production environments.
The Business Analyst role within the team will focus on client (both external and internal) requirements to support the definition of robust and accurate solutions, delivery strategies, and data to inform strategic business decisions.
The role will work across multiple business and technical departments and will require interaction with a wide range of stakeholders and cross-functional leadership teams, to guide the overall project success.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- The Interoperability process between Visa and our domestic processing partner NSPK in Russia. Managing and facilitating technical and functional conversations between SMEs to ensure the alignment between the two systems is maintained.
- The customisation request process for our largest US client. This process involves managing, analysing and implementing specific requirements from the Client, to enhance Visa services within the scope of the Client contract.
- New and existing domestic processing (e.g. India) solutions. Eliciting and defining the requirements that are driving the need to provide a domestic solution. Engaging with technology teams to ensure the solution meets requirements and business objectives.
- The new M&A function the team has recently taken responsibility for. The business analyst will be required to help grow this new function and will have specific responsibility for interpreting the business strategy/requirement for a particular acquisition/strategic investment. With a view to following this through with an assessment of these requirements against the company/assets Visa are planning to acquire.
- Collaboration with stakeholders (Business owners, Architects, Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, and others) in the creation of solutions for complex, global business problems.
- Building a strong partnership with business owners and contribute to the definition and evolution of business strategy, goals, roadmap and objectives. Deep understanding of business needs and objectives is important. Working with architects and leads in evolving technology roadmaps for applications and systems within the Payments domain and ensuring alignment with business and enterprise strategies.
- Ensuring all stakeholders have a common understanding of all solution requirements.
- Participation in solution design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- End to end verification of new solutions to ensure they meet and exceed business expectations.
- Identifying proper service metrics and measurements for ensuring performance against Service Level Agreements
- Applying creative thinking/approach to determine solutions that further Business Goals and align with Technology Strategies.
What we’re after…
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Extensive work experience or mid-level work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Proven experience in business analytics, reporting, and data visualisation
- Experience with creating data driven business solutions using a wide variety of technologies
- Extensive hands-on experience with developing technical roadmaps, story outlines, writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritising conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Knowledge of reporting systems such as SQL, Microsoft Access, Business Intelligence / centralised reporting systems (e.g. OBIEE), and Tableau
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with an attention to detail. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organisational levels, capable of summarising and communicating key financial information and business strategy at an executive level
- Ability to work independently with strong time management and ability to execute on multiple concurrent deliverables
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of project management & process improvement techniques, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience in the Payments and/or Technology industry a plus
- Manage through influence, but without direct management authority. Use capabilities to influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.