Business Development Director - Strategic Initiatives and Cross-Border Payments, UK & Ireland - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Business Development Director - Strategic Initiatives and Cross-Border Payments, UK & Ireland. we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Director, Market Development Cross-border Payments will be a key member of the Visa UK & Ireland Market Development team, developing and implementing Visa’s cross-border business initiatives in UK & Ireland to grow international payments. The individual will be responsible for strategic cross-border initiative development, program management and coordinating execution of Cross-Border (XB) activities in UK & Ireland, reporting to and supporting the UK& Ireland Head of Market Development and Delivery across a range of activities.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Be accountable for reaching assigned XB targets by identifying new opportunities and risks, developing and executing strategic initiatives to pursue these opportunities and pre-empt risks.
- Execute the UK&I cross border strategy in line with Global and European cross-border payments strategy (including in Travel, eCommerce, and Business to Business payments), collaborating with Visa’s European and Global Cross-Border teams.
- Develop strategic cross border initiatives which change the trajectory of growth, evolve our client relationships and generate tangible impact on Visa’s XB performance.
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., Sales, Merchants and Acquirers, FinTech, Product, Marketing) and work with banks, merchants and acquirers to implement the right activities and solutions that will grow international payments in Travel and eCommerce; also new payment flows (B2B, Remittances, Fintechs)
- Support Account Executives and functional peers in cultivating and managing the subsequent pipeline of activity and revenue opportunities. and feed new cross-border capabilities, collateral and programs into the Region.
- Help design strategies, focused on Drive and coordinate execution of multi-functional cross-border work streams, monitor performance against key strategic indicators, helping drive XB initiatives forward from focused, resourced plans to execution.
- Support Head of Market Development in developing clear and concise executive level communications (e.g. leadership XB MBRs, ELT updates).
- Support Head of market Development in guiding and alignment of functional leads on an ongoing basis, and help set them up for success for cluster priorities on XB
- In partnership with business leaders and external providers, assess market intelligence and insight needs across key corridors and act as an SME on XB Travel and eComm related trends and data sources
What we’re after…
- Proven business experience with a solid track-record of delivering high impact results working on driving market and client growth initiatives and new market/segment/business strategies
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of the payments business, landscape, trends and opportunities.
- Knowledge of consumer, eCommerce, digital and travel market trends in UK and globally.
- Highly developed relationship management skills with a strong business development orientation. Experience successfully selling initiatives to senior stakeholders based on insight and needs.
- Strong project management skills: ability to plan, prioritise, drive and track execution of cross-functional initiatives with multiple stakeholders and external partners.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility with a wide range of external stakeholders and as a peer with functional and regional leaders within Visa. Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible.
- Proactive and effective communicator. Experienced at presenting information to all levels, with ability to facilitate group discussions and debate and proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across functional lines.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.