Senior Staff Software Engineer - Test Engineering
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Staff Software Engineer is part of the Clearing and Settlement Test Engineering team based in Austin, TX, USA. We are in need of a highly motivated and skilled Staff Software Engineer that is passionate on using modern software engineering and testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
The successful candidate will support Test Engineering efforts for the Clearing and Settlement (CAS) System, one of Visa's largest revenue generating platform and work with other peer test engineering organizations to insure seamless code releases.
- Lead test automation initiatives including identification of appropriate test framework, building test tools to improve code quality and application performance
- Lead cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Mentor junior staff and provide guidance to all internal and external testing initiatives
- Design and develop test plans and functional test cases from business requirements and conceptual documents
- Lead test design/plan review sessions with peers and other stakeholders
- Provide estimates on scope and scale of effort required to test changes
- Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Execute test cases, analyze and report test results to project team
- Ensure delivery of a high quality product meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe
- Collaborate closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve application issues
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field
- 13+ years software development and test experience
- Experience with one or more testing frameworks, including but not limited to TestNG, JUnit, or Robot Framework
- Familiarity with Jenkins, git, or other source control and CI/CD technologies
- Strong Windows/Unix skills, proficient with at least one shell and one high-level scripting language (e.g. bash, Python, Ruby)
- Experience building and testing applications, RESTful services, or microservices on a modern technology stack
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work well within a globally distributed team, in a high performance organization
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines