Director, Mobile Development (REF22124Q) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Digital and Developer Platform Organization (DDP) has the mission of "Leading Visa into Digital Commerce for Everyone, Everywhere." DDP team is responsible for architecture, design and development of Visa's digital and mobile products, including Visa Checkout, Visa Token Services, Push Payments and Visa Digital Commerce App.
In this position, you will lead a team of highly capable and engaged mobile developers. Your primary responsibilities include developing talent, communicating expectations, and holding team members accountable in order to be successful in this position. You will drive for team engagement and productivities and champion quality and security in both iOS & Android mobile applications your team works on. It is expected that you are taking a hands-on approach in guiding the team in adopting the engineering best practices and new technology in the development of both iOS and Android apps. You will build relationship with other organizations including Product and Operations to ensuring delivery and quality goals are met.
Candidates for this role will be well-rounded technology leaders who have good understanding on the current trends and practices in broad technology in the mobile and software engineering space. The role is a self-organized technology leader with in-depth understanding of organizational management principles, software development life cycles, and software engineering practices. Your strong management skills, relationship building ability, leadership in software engineering practices, and strong desire to collaborate with others are all required to make this role successful.
The Mobile Development Director position is based in Austin, Texas.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- A 10+ year track record of relevant work experience and a Computer Science or related technical discipline is required.
- A fully rounded technologist with full stack working experience with hands on experience in developing scalable mobile applications (Android/iOS,) integrating with backend APIs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in software engineering best practices and the ability to influence the team to adopt the practices especially in the area of mobile development.
- Technology savvy. Have broad understanding on current technology trends in mobile technology and a desire to stay on top of industry trends.
- Demonstrate the ability in inspiring, motivating, growing the team to achieve high team engagement, efficiency, and quality
- Experience working on product development collaborating with multiple teams that have different development models, release cycles, and developer needs.
- In-depth understanding of agile principles. Demonstrate expertise in running Agile teams in an enterprise setting
- Strong communication skills. Be able to influence executive teams and other organizations on decisions. Proven collaboration skills with other groups
- Be data driven, understand the need for and apply analytics
- Self-motivated with strong drive for excellence
- Experience in leading development teams for high volume consumer facing systems and/or Payments, ecommerce systems is a strong plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than15% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.