Senior Business Continuity Analyst
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Global Business Continuity organization is seeking a high caliber Senior Business Continuity Analyst to join the Business Continuity Management department. The department seeks a driven Senior Analyst that can provide active support to implement the program to ensure business functions and processes recover in the event of a business disruption.
As a global brand that connects merchants, banks and consumers, it is important that Visa is resilient through its preparedness and response to major disasters, outages and disruptions. Global Business Continuity protects corporate assets from significant business interruptions by optimizing risk management and building operational resilience. The Global Business Continuity organization consists of three departments: Crisis Management, Business Continuity Management, and IT Disaster Recovery.
The position may occasionally require off-business hour availability. Will consider other Visa sites such as Miami or Austin.
• Lead implementation of the annual Business Continuity Management program for assigned organizations. This includes performing business impact assessments (BIA), assisting in business continuity plan (BCP) development, and planning, conducting and evaluating BCP exercises.
• Support design of annual program requirements, procedures, and key program deliverables
• Lead business continuity focused meetings with senior management to set the scope of the annual program
• Act as a consultant with business knowledge to internal stakeholders throughout the organization to lend business continuity subject matter expertise and support
• Act as a mentor to other Business Continuity Analysts on the team
• Manage large and complex data sets by applying data mining and analytic techniques
• Create and maintain process documentation for the department using approved process modeling techniques
• Design reports, dashboards, and infographics using data visualization tools
• Implement project management best practices to keep internal projects on track
• Maintain organizational hierarchy and supporting data from the business continuity program in the organizational planning tool
• Understand the potential impact of relevant laws, industry regulations and government code
• Champion Business Continuity awareness throughout the enterprise
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business, Technology, Finance or Organizational Resilience
- Applicable industry certification required (e.g., ABCP, CBCP)
- Two to five years of experience in a business continuity environment
- Ability to articulate Business Continuity concepts and methodology
- Knowledge of and experience with current industry standards
- Demonstrated proficiency in Office 365 suite, Tableau, and business continuity planning software
- Ability to implement advanced formulas in Excel
- Conceptual or applied knowledge of relational databases
- Ability to work in fast-paced, rapidly changing, and high pressured environment
- Strong interpersonal and indirect influencing skills, with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence of individuals at various organizational levels
- High level of personal initiative, creativity and self-motivation
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.
No relocation or sponsorship available for this role