Management Consulting Director, Lead of the Merchants Vertical, Visa Consulting & Analytics, Asia Pacific
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results. In Asia Pacific (AP), VCA has geographically focused teams and the Center of Excellence (COE) team which provides expertise in specific industry or functional verticals (Digital, Risk, Business Solutions, Merchants and Acquiring)
What the Director, Merchants, Visa Consulting & Analytics does at Visa:
Reporting to the head of the Center of Excellence team, the Director Lead of Merchants vertical will be responsible for leading VCA advisory services to Merchants in AP, which would involve defining the service offering, selling consulting engagements to clients and leading the delivery of such engagements.
The Director Lead of Merchants Vertical will work closely with other members of the COE team including Data Scientists and consultants in other practice areas (e.g. Digital and Risk) to help ‘solve’ Merchants’ business problems. This individual will also collaborate with other Visa teams who service Merchants and Acquirers to define, plan and execute on Go-To-Market strategies to sell VCA service offering to Merchants.
This individual will leverage Visa data and expertise to help Merchants achieve their business objectives (sales growth, customer experience and business/financial performance)
Key tasks expected from the Director Lead of Merchants vertical:
- Lead the development of VCA’s consulting offerings and engagement delivery for Merchants to drive new revenue streams at scale
- Act as the Merchants Subject Matter Expert (SME) to help define and build new data driven solutions that can be sold to Merchants
- Monitor market developments (e.g. ecommerce, retailers, airlines etc.) to help refine VCA’s service offering given the evolving ecosystem
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with client senior executives through impactful consulting engagements
- Proactively engage with clients and Visa leadership in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with clients
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g. Merchant Services, Product, Marketing, Risk, Innovation) to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Act as the regional expert on VCA Merchants solutions and support the development of Global VCA Merchants solutions, capabilities and credentials
Why this is important to Visa
With a rapid change in the payment landscape, new regulations around Open banking and Open data and the emergence of new Fintech players – the payment ecosystem is rapidly evolving and our clients are looking to Visa as the payment experts to help them navigate through the opportunities and challenges that these changes pose. Visa with its global reach and rich transaction data set is ideally positioned to assist merchants solve their strategic business problems and drive growth. We are looking for an individual to join us as a Director Lead of the Merchants Vertical. This individual will be in charge of expanding VCA consulting engagements with merchants to drive new revenue streams.
What you will need:
Specific skill-set and experience required:
- Minimum 12-15 years’ relevant experience in consulting or business management
- Significant previous work experience with merchants (e.g. retailers) in a business function (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Purchasing, Operations etc.) with exposure to using data to drive business outcomes
- Excellent client relationship management with strong sales orientation, experience selling major projects/ideas to senior management
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with the ability to progress multiple projects concurrently
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
- Experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data
- Strong detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports and data analysis
- Strong executive presence and ability to effectively engage with C-level executives
- Superior ability to influence people and work across boundaries to execute highly complex deals with multiple interests involved
- Ability to build the intellectual capital of the merchant consulting practice in key areas of payments
- High intellectual capability evidenced by strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to drive innovation and lead change in successful top tier companies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- BA/BS required. MBA preferred.
- Willingness to travel (30%+)
What will also help:
Direct relevant experience in consulting roles and or payment / technology firms
Projects you will be a part of:
The nature of projects this role would play a key role in are varied. To list a few, this would include:
- Helping merchants drive sales growth using data through customer acquisitions or engagement
- Help the merchant define new user experiences around payments
- Review and define the merchant’s Payment Strategy
- Driving digital adoption and engagement within the merchant’s customer base
- Building thought leadership and global best practice materials
- Partnering with Visa Data science team to brainstorm and build high impact scalable solutions leveraging the power of Visa data to solve for key Merchant business issues
Think you have what it takes?
If you’re interested in a career that will surprise you – get in touch with Visa today.