Senior Project Manager
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Project Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
This position will lead projects in Network Processing (NP) in the U.K. based team. Ensuring the delivery of regional and global solutions, as driven by the business. The position works with technical staff, business partners and senior management across organisational boundaries to obtain resources, schedule work activities and coordinate all areas to successfully complete project deliverables. Senior Project Managers provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams to deliver NP solutions for complex, large-scale projects and are accountable for tasks covering the entire project and development life cycle. Responsibilities and qualifications are, as follows:
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Builds high performing teams, inspires team members, and demonstrates leadership skills
- Collaborates with business sponsors and technology subject matter experts to define scope and delivery strategy for solutions
- Leads technical teams to assess requirements, create estimates, develop budgets, and produce Technology Project Charters and other documentation needed for funding approvals
- Perform project planning and scheduling, manage tasks and coordinate project resources to meet objectives and timelines
- Provide leadership to large, global, cross-functional teams to deliver solutions involving multiple teams and applications
- Mentors/coaches project managers to elevate their performance
- Anticipates change and identifies ways to overcome challenges and constraints to keep project activities on schedule to meet or exceed business partner expectations
- Takes initiative to exhaust all avenues to resolve issues/problems before involving management escalation
- Works with minimal direction; able to resolve most issues independently
- Provides clear, concise communications to project stakeholders; Summarizes relevant facts for senior management and delivers with executive demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to manage through influence
- Executes through ambiguity and guides path to clarity
- Set clear expectations with business partners to provide transparency into project initiation activities, and manage day-to-day interaction during project execution and delivery
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate project risks and find ways to accomplish project goals in the context of dynamic business/technical environments
- Provide high quality customer service and communicate project status (timelines, progress, and challenges) to Technology and business stakeholders regularly
- Achieve project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including enterprise architects and strategists, technical subject matter experts, business partners, vendors, and Visa senior management
- Manage project budgets effectively by ensuring forecasts and actual charges are in line with approved bids and project expenses are effectively controlled
- Ensure that all projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls
- Support PMO management with annual planning, program funding approvals, and program and project reporting functions.
- As a global organisation, there may be need to take attend calls/meetings after/before office hours during the week.
What we’re after…
- Educated to degree level/equivalent professional experience
- Significant project management experience
- Holds relevant project management qualifications (e.g. Prince II, Agile, PMP)
- Experience and knowledge of a range of different projects and programmes
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven stakeholder management expertise
- Scrum Master/SAFe experience and qualification desirable
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.