Sr. Staff Network Engineer
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The global network and security engineering group is responsible for the strategy, architecture, design, support, availability, and reliability of Visa Inc.'s credit and debit commercial networks (i.e. VisaNet), the enterprise corporate network, the global wide area network, the extranet/Internet networks, and the voice network. Network Engineering also shares responsibility with information security for network access and security compliance of all networks.
This is a Senior Staff Network Engineer position with the Datacenter Network Engineering team. The engineer will develop and design IP networks for Visa's global datacenter network infrastructure.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- At least 5 years of experience in a Network Engineering role
- Cisco certification or a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Engineering is preferred
- Experience and expertise with IP routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF and BGP
- Knowledge of Cisco encryption technologies (IPSec, SSL), and hot standby protocols HSRP and VRRP required
- Extensive knowledge of the IP networking environment and financial ecommerce desired
- Experience administering enterprise IP networks in mission-critical, 24x7 production environments
- At least 3 years experience with data center network fabric technologies such as STP, MLAG, VPC, FabricPath, VXLAN, MP-BGP, EVPN
- Strong process orientation and exhibited planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols
- Experience in high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments
- Experience leading moderately complex cross regional projects, including planning, documentation, and implementation
- Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex systems and network environments
- Solid understanding of network and system security principles and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among multiple concurrent projects while also handling interrupts
- ITIL certification preferred
- Design, implement, and provide ongoing support of Visa’s data center LAN infrastructure using various platforms such as Cisco, Arista, and Cumulus Linux
- Gather network requirements for key business initiatives, produce high-level and low-level design documentation for proposed solutions, provide cost estimates and timelines for implementation
- Interface with Visa clients and vendors as well as internal technical support staff
- Work closely with project and account managers to support the business requirements and projects
- Provide network design documentation to project teams, peers, and network support organizations
- Perform third level support to enterprise and commercial networks and to technical teams within Visa to resolve network issues and to support the implementation of new network solutions
- Conduct product evaluation and testing and support application development team
- Support change management processes for the datacenter networks environment
- Support maintenance window activities on the datacenter networks when required
- Design appropriate solutions based on environment, create detailed network designs, assess and test new and evolving technologies for performance and cost benefit
- Build and maintain relationship with global and virtual teams and third parties on network development or support issues
- Participate fully in the development, testing and QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered and fulfill expectations
- May provision new client institutions onto the network by completing the necessary network updates and providing technical assistance to the membership in support of network changes
- Provide technical consultancy to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible time frame
- Work with the Information Security Office to ensure solutions deployed meet Visa Security Requirements and provide technical assistance for investigation and analysis of security alerts
- Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization and technology solutions
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.