Lead Security Specialist, Red Team
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Lead Security Specialist, Red Team, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our business. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us undisputed leader in electronic payments. We’ve made it our priority to create exemplary security operations and incident response teams, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats.
We’re looking for those of you who are inherently driven and fascinated by the art and science of cyber defence. We’ll equip you with the very best tools and tech so that you can deliver top notch results.
Continuous self-development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. If you have a burning desire for self-development, working with us will expose you to challenges and opportunities to hone your skills. We’ll provide the right environment and a plethora of top notch professionals to learn with and from.
What we expect of you, day to day.
As a member of Visa's Red team, provide technical expertise required to carry out internal and external ethical hacking exercises. Coordinate with other departments and teams to evolve information security alignment with company goals and objectives. Contribute and participate in all stages of a Red team exercise including planning, recon, exploitation, post-exploitation, clean up and remediation. Champion security research activities and team work required to carry out successful Red team operations. Create and provide presentations to executive management highlighting outcomes of Red team exercise and recommendations and timelines for remediation.
- Conduct high risk and sensitive ethical hacks of internally and externally hosted applications globally according to scope defined by Red team.
- Co-ordinate and execute system/network level advanced red team and ethical hacking exercises
- Work special/off-hours (late nights, weekends etc.) as deemed necessary for the successful and covert execution of Red team exercises (emulating adversaries)
- Design and develop scripts, frameworks and tools required for facilitating and executing complex undetectable attacks
- Reviews results of network and application ethical hacks in order to determine severity of findings and to ensure proper remediation is applied.
- Performs penetration and remediation testing & reporting through the application of expert ethical hacking and penetration techniques in a fast-paced, highly technical environment. Identify network and system vulnerabilities and provide recommended counter measures or mitigating controls to reduce risk to an acceptable and manageable level.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of findings and proposed remediation and mitigations.
- Coordinate Red team operational briefings and presentations to non-technical audience and executive management, as required
- Provide technical support to Business Leader/Chief Specialist in identifying and streamlining new/existing protocols and tools used by the Red team.
- Technical support could include, but not limited to the following: (1) Audit support & remediation, (2) Process Improvement, (3) Analysis & Reporting, (4) Cross Divisional Functional education, training and awareness, (5) Function/Methodology/Strategy advancement.
- Define and develop agenda for training and educating security professionals on advanced exploits, tools and frameworks
- Perform research of emerging technologies and design frameworks and capabilities required to perform Red team exercises of new technologies adopted by Visa
- Requires comprehensive knowledge and mastery in assigned areas applying skills and competencies in challenging and complex situations.
- Recognized expert in the company. Only a few positions require such extensive knowledge and skill.
- Complete mastery of at least one technology domain and solid working knowledge of at least one other. For example, web applications, system exploitation, network based attacks, Reverse engineering, Mobile security etc.
What we’re after…
- Expertise in performing advanced exploitation and post-exploitation attacks as part of ethical hacking exercises
- Prior experience or expertise performing Red team exercises will be a plus
- Experience in writing proof-of-concept exploits and creating custom payloads and modules for common ethical hacking frameworks and tools
- Well versed in system exploits (e.g. Buffer Overflows, PTH attacks, windows authentication framework etc.), network exploitation (e.g. VLAN hopping) or web application exploitation
- Well versed with security tools & frameworks like Cobalt Strike, Metasploit, Canvas etc.
- Extensive understanding of cryptographic concepts and applied cryptography
- Proficiency in one or more scripting language. E.g. Perl, Python, Shell Scripting etc.
- Prior experience with exploit development or writing system modules in C & C++, a major advantage. Knowledge of high level programming languages an added bonus
- Prior experience with reverse engineering, malware analysis and forensic tools will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal, facilitation, and demonstrated emerging leadership skills
- Able to operate at an advanced level of written and spoken communication; write and speak effectively with impact
- Good understanding of Ethernet, switched LAN and WAN environment and detailed understanding of layer 3 and layer 4 specifications, including IP, TCP, TCP/IP routing protocols and management of ACLs.
- Knowledge of logical / physical access control methods, connections alternatives using private, public and wireless solutions, Network/Host Intrusion Detection Engines, Vulnerability Management Tools, Patch Management Tools, Penetration Testing Tools, Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware solutions
- Conducts complex analytical functions by performing security assessments and ethical hacks of high risk sensitive applications
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.