Manager, Corporate Social Media
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Manager of Corporate Social Media is responsible for the execution of Visa’s corporate social media programs across LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor and Instagram. This role sits within the Global Corporate and North America Communications team, which is responsible for crafting and communicating the Visa story across stakeholder groups including clients, employees, media and industry influencers.
The right candidate will have a mixture of skill sets that combine content creation and storytelling capabilities with a strong understanding of how to engage audiences across Visa’s social channels. You understand the power of pictures to convey a narrative, and can do so in a concise way. You’ve mastered the art of “short form” and know how to say a lot in very little space. You will help define, establish and communicate channel governance—what we publish, why, when, how and which channels are most appropriate. Be the internal champion and external brand voice for our communications channels on social media. He/she will be conversant in the data and analytics that are unique to each social platform, and will leverage that knowledge to shape and inform Visa’s communications efforts to be more effective in delivering measurable results.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 4 years of work experience related to communications / marketing in a fast moving environment. Or: two years of work experiences with an Advanced degree (Master's, MBA, JD).
- Bachelor's Degree in business/ marketing or communications
- 4-5 or more years of experience in digital storytelling, social media, communications or marketing
- You are a storyteller and writer by nature; you have a mastery of grammar and tone
- You have a demonstrated track record of creating and executing successful social programs and campaigns for LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor, Instagram etc..
- You have experience telling stories in micro-moments – taking pillar content and creating a long-tail strategy to maximize content on social media
- You have prior experience with social media monitoring, publishing and listening platforms. Advanced knowledge of Sprinklr and NetBase a plus
- You have prior experience managing global employee advocacy programs.
- Prior experience with Dynamic Signal and Linkedin Elevate a plus.
- Experience with executing experiential marketing concepts at events is desired
- Ability to create reporting dashboards, analyze data, and make content recommendations
- Ability to turn social measurement into insights, compile results, and create actionable and data-backed reports
- You are passionate about digital and social media trends. Staying up to date with social media platform changes is critical in this role
- You have experience managing social media paid advertising campaigns across channels and defining program KPIs
- Impressive teamwork and relationship-building skills, leading by influence and example
- You have exceptional organizational and project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-changing environment
- You have prior experience collaborating with and managing/directing agency partners and vendors
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, with a proven track record of identifying and building relationships with external and/or internal stakeholders
- You are a team player able to work on multi-part projects across teams and able to ensure project deadlines and budgets are met
- You have excellent attention to detail; strong organization and time management skills
- You are familiar with SEO best practices and able to deliver SEO-optimized copy within guidelines
Both creative and analytical, you will be responsible for executing best-in-class social media programs on a daily basis, increasing engagement, measuring progress, while constantly challenging the status quo to think about bigger opportunities to grow our channels. This is an individual contributor role with a lot of opportunity for growth and creative thinking. This role needs to operate in a matrixed and time pressured environment and be able to respond to quick turnarounds and output. The position will report directly into the Senior Director, Digital Channel and Content Strategy.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
The incumbent may be required to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.