Executive Administrator & Project Coordinator, Global Brand Sponsorship and Innovation Marketing
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays
Visa is searching for an experienced Executive Administrator to provide on-site support to the Chief Brand and Innovation officer who oversees a geographically dispersed marketing team. This is an exciting position for an experienced administrative and planning professional, looking to develop their capabilities, working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, within a global company. The role is accountable for the smooth operations of the SVP and the Global Brand team and works closely with a broad group of global contacts, both internal and external to Visa.
The Executive Administrator needs to demonstrate a high client orientation, executive presence, and effective communication. This role requires a proactive self-starter who can work independently and anticipate client needs and will work on both admin work as well as special projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or 2-3 years of work experience in fast moving environment.
- Bachelor's degree or 2-5 or more years working as an Executive Administrator or Executive Assistant, plus project management experience in a fast moving global environment
- You are a team player with a positive, can-do attitude and you are passionate about your work and going the extra mile
- You are highly organized with strong multi-tasking skills
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills including exceptional judgment and discretion regarding information, which may be confidential, material and/or non-public
- You have strong attention to detail
- You have strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Able to manage multiple projects effectively
- Manage and track expenses
Executive Administration Responsibilities
- Provide executive level administrative support, including managing multiple executive calendars in parallel, booking and managing executive travel plans, expense reports using Visa tools for expense and purchase management and preparing for meetings for Chief Brand and Innovation Marketing Officer.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative professional relationships with internal and external business partners, including several levels of management, Visa employees and Visa clients.
- Plan onsite and offsite team meetings and events, including coordinating conference room set-up, catering, A/V, and logistical arrangements, and providing occasional on-location support for team activities such as group meetings and team outings.
- Support executive communication of Chief Brand and Innovation Marketing Officer to team and stakeholders and support weekly direct reports meetings, with agenda management and notes.
- Provide support for reports, projects and initiatives as requested.
- Assist with team travel arrangements as requested.
- Assist with space management, workspace move requests and submit facilities work orders.
- Be responsive to reasonable requests for off-hours work, email and messages follow-up.
- Visa Everywhere Shop: provide support to Everywhere Shop lead, for merchandise selection, budget, annual planning, quarterly refreshes for the onsite store, twice annual in person sales and all future events and renovations.
- Onboarding: Provide support as needed for all new team members, helping as needed with recruiting, interviewing, creating onboarding documents, and post-hire support. Assist with onboarding new Global M&C employees including set up of workstation, technology and onboarding checklist.
- Project Management: Manage our internal mentorship program, including twice annual matching cycles, quarterly communications and a yearly event, and provide project management/coordination support as needed on projects for the Strategy & Planning team.
- Document Maintenance: Support requirements for functional documentation, record keeping, and other needs to support Audit and Compliance requirements.
- Travel Budget tracking: Lead process for S&P team to collect travel requests, run monthly reports and manage the team travel budget.
- Organization Chart Updates: Lead process for team to ensure org charts are updated monthly
- Events Support: Participate in the planning and execution of quarterly all-staff meetings and employee engagement events, including coordinating all logistics.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
The incumbent may be required to travel 0-10%.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.