Sourcing Analyst, Procurement Operations, Technology
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The primary purpose of this position is to procure software services, hardware and guide our internal business partners through the procurement process while ensuring adherence to compliance regulations in accordance with Global Sourcing and Procurement policies and procedures.
- Creates, writes, negotiates and reviews hardware and software licensing contracts. Works with internal business partners to establish agreements that reflect the interests of the company.
- Must have a solid understanding of web technology.
- Works with legal counsel to assist with negotiation of legal terms and conditions of the contracts.
- Ensures contract performance and rewrites or amends as necessary.
- Work directly with suppliers/vendors to obtain materials/products/services through preparation and administration of Statements of Work/Quotes to validate favorable terms on quality, delivery and price and ensure end-user needs are met on a consistent basis
- Participate in supplier selection and moderately complex contract negotiations, involving Legal and other departments as necessary, to achieve favorable terms on quality, delivery and price, ensure end-user needs are met and deliver cost savings.
- Work with internal customer groups to help establish specifications and validate pricing and terms
- Interacts with Legal and other company departments and agencies to analyze risks associated with agreements and develop language to minimize exposure whenever needed.
- Reviews and approves contracts in accordance to company terms and conditions
- Manage internal customer and stakeholders
- Coordinate with internal customers and category managers to assist in sourcing initiatives
- Interact with vendors and internal customers to resolve transactional issues on a daily basis
- Coordinate signature requirements, both internal and with Visa suppliers
- Address inquiries on order status of products and services
- Resolve discrepancies related to procurement issues
- Deliver support to internal customers over the phone and via email in an effective and efficient manner
- Troubleshoot internal customer issues regarding the services provided by Procurement Operations
- Document the problem and provide appropriate follow up to meet internal customer service levels
- Respond to queries from Internal Customers
- Process purchase requisitions and update existing purchase order as requested by business partners
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years as a sourcing and/or procurement professional, preferably with a major financial institution or payment card company
- Must have a solid understanding of web technology
- Knowledgeable of Procurement policies and procedures and their application to the processing of purchasing transactions (e.g. processing purchase requisitions, processing purchase orders, modifying purchase orders, executing bidding for transactions). 3+ years of procurement experience in shared services or centralized procurement operations center
- Experience in negotiating and drafting low to moderately complex contracts (i.e. Statements of Work, Master Agreements, SaaS and SLSAs)
- Proven track record of successfully executing multiple types of transactions simultaneously
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on course of action
- · Experience in negotiating and drafting low to moderately complex contracts (i.e. Statements of Work, Master Agreements, SaaS and SLSAs)
- Knowledgeable about contract terms and conditions
- Experience managing internal and external customers and users. Strong relationship management skills and ability to influence at a mid-management level both internally and externally
- High level of self-motivation and initiative, and ability to operate as an effective team player
- Understanding of process mapping and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Proficiency in purchasing systems and organizational interfaces (including, iProcurement, Ariba, DocuSign, and Oracle)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- Professional accreditation in sourcing, procurement or purchasing a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.
No Sponsorship or Relocation is available for this position.