- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa USA is a Visa company. Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
• Act as a high level consultant with client groups on compensation issues such as job evaluation, FLSA exemption reviews, compensation analyses, total compensation review and related issues.
• Participate in the development and drive the execution of compensation processes and initiatives such as annual review, incentive and equity plans, competitive and ad hoc analyses, projects and reporting for assigned client groups.
• Support administrative functions such as market pricing and job architecture.
• Develop quantitative models to assess competitive practice and the organization's competitive position for specific programs.
• Build and maintain relationships with client group Human Resource Business Partners and Managers to ensure effective communication of compensation strategies.
• Support with designing and review of sales incentive plans
• Support and drive implementation of consistent global compensation and HR initiatives (e.g. Annual Review, promotions, job leveling, etc.).
• Participate in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine company's competitive position. Formulate recommendations regarding annual updates to the company salary structure.
• Proactively identify opportunities for organizational effectiveness and make recommendations to management.
• Prepare reports, make recommendations, and interpret policies and procedures.
• Partner with others on Compensation and HR teams to support workload and execution, sharing/transfer of knowledge, increase understanding of international issues and all aspects and considerations around compensation programs and practices.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelors/Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8-10 years progressively responsible business/HR experience, with majority in compensation roles.
- Strong teamwork skills required to work in a fast moving matrix environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to present information in a concise and meaningful manner to managers and executives.
- Demonstrated teamwork and relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example.
- Strong planning, organizational, consulting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop quantitative models (e.g. business case and complex forecasting). Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to drive consensus in cross regional and cross functional teams.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and handle confidential information.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); knowledge of Workday and compensation management tools (like Towers/Watson REWARD) desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Experience working in a global environment on compensation and related issues strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of equity plans and international compensation issues strongly preferred.
- Partner with others within the Compensation group, the Total Rewards function and the broader HR team to support workload and execution, sharing/transfer of knowledge, increase understanding of international issues and all aspects and considerations around compensation programs and practices.
Additional Information about Interviewing with Visa in Technology Sourcing:
In Visa Technology Sourcing, we get technical fast. Our business partners demand it and we like to support them the right way! This is a highly technical and highly engaged role. If you apply and are granted an interview, you can expect the following:
A detailed, onsite skills test, in which you’ll be given a technical problem and will be asked to model it in a spreadsheet and present an executive-ready communication about it.
You can expect to be asked detailed questions about your background:
If you are a career Sourcing person, expect to be asked about deals you managed, including the spend, success factors and your sourcing strategy.
Expect to be asked fundamentals about technology.
You’ll meet with technical business partners as well as Visa Sourcing execs to assess your sourcing and business acumen.
Don’t let any of the above worry you! We demand a lot of ourselves and we like to be up front about what we look for on this team. If you’ve got the chops, we’ve got a role for you!
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
No Relocation or Sponsorship is available for this role
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.