Product Manager - Global Benefits Platform Management
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Lead and execute projects on design, development, implementation and market roll out of new features and capabilities for consumer credit benefit platform.
- Interact extremely closely with other teams within Credit (e.g. regional credit teams, product delivery) to determine the right solutions for our clients.
- Act as the Product lead and subject matter expert in rollout of new platform capabilities and features with issuing clients, merchants and across the Visa organization globally.
- Drive product strategy definition and execution of Global Consumer Credit Benefits platform (technical).
- Be able to build the strategy/develop hypotheses for the Global Credit Benefit platform capabilities and global rollout.
- Be able to articulate what happened and will happen to product metrics, why, which clients, which consumers, which spend categories, etc.
- Own and develop product artifacts, collateral and communications that deliver against the product strategy and express the advantages of our platforms in the best and most professional way. Be responsible for representing Benefit platform to internal and external audiences.
- Understand the region specific needs and build strategy on how to integrate that in global capabilities if that benefits other regions.
- Interact extremely closely with regional teams within Credit (benefits product platform delivery) to determine the right architecture and configuration of benefits platforms. Engage in active discussion and debate about the right investment levels to drive revenues growth, how capabilities integrate and should be messaged, how service level targets and aspirations are being met and improved.
- Work with the Product Delivery team to communicate and deliver the best of our products to our clients.
- Work to ideate, design, guide development, implement and manage new features and capabilities for Credit Benefit platforms. Solve for what clients and consumers need and want and figure out how to deliver this. Act as the Subject Matter Expert/ Product lead in rollout of benefits services and features with issuing clients and across the Visa organization in all regions.
- Educate our regional credit team and other teams across all regions on our platforms and ensure they can communicate and promote our products effectively.
- Work with the Product Delivery team to communicate and deliver the best of our services and new capabilities to issuing clients. Educate our Product Delivery, Sales, Operations and other teams across Visa on our platform capabilities and ensure they can communicate and promote our products effectively.
- Work collaboratively across functional teams including Loyalty, Global Credit, Visa Consulting and Analytics, Co-Brand, Client Delivery, Client Services, Visa Research and others to develop and execute strategic plans and key initiatives.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 5+ years' experience in strategy, product management and development
- Undergrad degree in business/IT, MBA preferred
- Strong project management experience with a proven track record of executing complex cross functional projects on time and within budget
- Strong product management experience with demonstrated ability to launch and manage financial services products
- Strong negotiating skills
- Presentation skills (Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint)
- Payments Industry knowledge or experience
- Good understanding of credit products and services
- Strong appreciation of technology
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and goal driven.
- Proactive and effective communicator, experienced in presenting information to all levels and with ability to facilitate group discussions.
- Passionate about what you do, enjoy, and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Strong collaboration and ability to manage cross functionally
- Ability to influence without authority at all levels
- Understanding of P&L drivers and overall business acumen.
- An affinity for payments technology and its future. Deep curiosity about what is happening, and what is happening next in the industry
- Ability to interpret data and translate findings into strategic insights and actionable recommendations
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours and support ocassional meetings to support our business globally.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work upto 10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.