Executive Director, Head of UK & I Solutions
- London, UK
Headquartered in California and listed on the NYSE (NYSE:V), Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories to fast, secure and reliable electronic payments. The company employs over 17,000 people worldwide across 38 countries and provides digital payments products, services and processing to over 16,000 financial institution clients. Visa partners with 44 million merchant outlets and provides 3.3 billion Visa accounts throughout the world. Visa is one of the world’s largest retail electronic payment networks, with over $11TRN transacted on the payment products in FY18, driven by 182BN transactions - an average of 500M transactions every single day during fiscal 2018. The company operates one of the world’s most advanced processing networks, VisaNet, offering fraud protection for consumers and assured payment for merchants, capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. With a market capitalisation of circa $330BN, Visa is one of the world’s most valuable brands (Forbes 2017) and one of the world’s most innovative companies (Forbes 2018).
In June 2016, Visa Inc. completed its acquisition of Visa Europe Ltd in a $23.4BN merger. Under the combined organisational structure, Visa Europe became a wholly owned subsidiary and represents the second largest region for Visa outside of North America. Al Kelly was appointed Group CEO in October 2016 and in September 2017, Charlotte Hogg joined Visa to lead the company in Europe. Charlotte’s appointment is the latest in a series of senior appointments to form part of Visa’s new European Leadership Team (ELT). With new leadership in place, and by bringing together Visa Inc. and Visa Europe Ltd, Visa has created a truly global leader in payments.
Visa’s mission is: to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. With a relentless focus on innovation, this is the catalyst for Visa to spearhead rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. The company is able to provide the benefits of scale to investments with the ability to accelerate innovation. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying its brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce. 2018 witnessed Visa launching a $100M European investment program to support the thriving Fintech ecosystem in Europe and grow its investment activity in start-ups.
Visa is one of the best performing stock in the Dow 30 (2018). The company has recently reported an excellent and robust set of full year results (October 2018) with net operating revenues of $20.6BN, an increase of 12% from the year prior. Closing the fiscal year with strong momentum, delivering robust revenue and earnings growth fueled by double-digit increases in payments volume, cross border volume and processed transactions, Visa assumes a healthy outlook in FY’19. Earnings per share growth (EPS) was 34% with revenue growth at 12% for the fourth quarter and full financial year. Transactions processed totaled $124BN, with the number of cards (including virtual cards) increasing by about 80 million to 3.3BN. Looking back on FY’18, Visa’s global leading network connecting issuers and merchants got stronger on a number of dimensions. The Visa system continues to expand and thrive in a fast-changing payments landscape. As evidenced by Visa’s growth in FY’18, the opportunity to digitize cash in new and different ways has never been better. With a tailwind of strong global economies and robust consumer spending enhanced by strategic growth initiatives, Visa is positioned for sustained growth. The company remains confident of its ability to continue delivering strong shareholder value.
Recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last seven years (Ethisphere), and as “Best Compliance and Ethics Program-Large Cap Company” for the last two years (Corporate Secretary), Visa has developed a robust team of professionals globally who manage the varied and growing business and product lines of the company, reporting to the General Counsel and Audit and Risk Committee of the Board of Directors.]
· The Head of Product & Solutions UK/Ireland will lead a 20+ person product team and will have responsibility for driving product growth and deployment efforts across the UK and Ireland.
· He/she will become fully aware of the existing and emerging products in order to proactively lead conversations with current and potential clients, be adept at leading negotiating business terms, and coordinate with internal partners to set up for successful client onboarding.
· To be successful, this individual will lead a team that will work in close collaboration across the Global Visa organization to serve Visa’s traditional and non-traditional clients with payment, digital, loyalty, data products and solutions.
· Visa is looking for an executive leader that can inspire and lead a product deployment teams ensuring they are working together to serve client.
· He/She has a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
· This role will report will report to the Sr. Vice President, Head of Visa’s European Product & Solutions and be part of the Visa Europe Product leadership team and the UK/Ireland leadership team.
· He/she will be required to work directly with key leaders across the UK/Ireland leadership team and have full responsibility for product revenue and expense targets related to Visa’s UK and Ireland business.
· Lead product delivery efforts with traditional and non-traditional Visa clients to maximize benefit of the Visa’s payment solutions products – including Digital Solutions, Core Payment Products, and Customer Loyalty experiences.
· Engage with senior clients to provide thought leadership, stakeholder management and inspire innovation to drive action.
· Lead product implementation and deployment efforts across an array of Visa products
· Development and delivery of local product roadmaps for the UK and Ireland
· Lead and manage a team of business leaders and product deployment specialist ensuring clients and partners are quickly and efficiently onboard to Visa’s products.
· Drive business term negotiation and contract development with current and potential clients
· Collaborating with Legal, Privacy, Specialized Sales, Account Executive, and other key internal stakeholders
· Coordinate efforts with the Global Product Office and Account Management, and work directly with Merchant and Issuer Account Executive teams to facilitate successful client onboarding and delivery
· Guide ongoing development and enhancement of necessary product materials including targeted product value proposition for our largest clients and product narratives to engage the entire market
· A self-starter with a bias towards action with leadership quality that translate into results
· 20+ years of experience, including 8 years of experience in leadership and product development
· Advanced communication skills with the ability to influence across all levels of an organization
· Strong business acumen – ability to influence strategy while driving tactical program delivery
· Possess significant functional knowledge of the payment, risk, loyalty, digital and data industry
· Proven track record of high performance and recognized expertise in people leadership and product solutions
· Ability to envision new products and solutions that will contribute to the future the business
· Creativity and resourcefulness to overcome unexpected roadblocks
· High proficiency in delivering materials
· Proven ability to create, manage and deliver against P&L targets.
· Technology industry experience preferred
· Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge
Lead by Example
- Eager to seek a challenge and expand frontiers; brings a visionary approach. Sets and meets a high bar of goals and principles
- Has a hands-on approach to all activities and a high level of energy. Willing to “roll up one’s own sleeves” and engage directly in Compliance tasks, as well as personally lead projects with appropriate subject matter expertise
- Diversity of thought and experience: continually seeks new perspectives and feedback, takes an inclusive approach
- High personal standards of ethics and integrity towards employees, stakeholders and customers
Enable and Inspire
- High level of learning-agility with passion for the Legal, Regulatory, Compliance Function and a real interest in the payments industry in general
- An intellectually curious and humble leader with a high degree of compassion, able to lead a culturally diverse and dispersed team covering multiple and varied tas
- Self-confident and courageous, flexible and comfortable to work in an often ambiguous and change-led environment, creative and resourceful in overcoming barriers and unexpected roadblocks
- Able to manage changing, short deadlines and challenging workload, often across time zones and involving different cultural contexts; able to triage and execute on priorities
Excel with Partners
- Can successfully partner with senior business clients and exhibits executive presence, serving as a strong ambassador of the Compliance Function in business leadership and other forums
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge when required; with ability to “speak truth to power” and assert independence without being antagonistic
- An authentic leader who intuitively engenders an inclusive environment and servant leadership mentality, deeply committed to serving and listening to others. Natural ability to build strong relationships and enable collaboration through empathy
- Capable of working collaboratively with employees from all levels within the organisation