Director, Marketing Services
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director will be a member of Visa’s Global Marketing & Communications (M&C) Strategy & Planning team and will be focused on leading core business operations for the Marketing Services Center of Excellence (COE).
Marketing Services is a growing business within Visa, and partners closely with Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA), our sales organizations, and Finance to deliver value to clients through a range of services, from advisory to execution to sponsorships. The Marketing Services COE is focused on supporting our Client Marketing teams, VCA and sales partners in sharing best practices across teams, developing training and communications materials, advancing key strategies to drive business growth, and ensuring efficient operating disciplines across teams. Examples include supporting project visibility and tracking to teams and Visa Executives, providing guidance on pricing strategy, and support for best practice sharing.
The position location has flexibility. Given global nature of the role, flexibility to accommodate meetings across many time zones required.
- 10 years of work experience or 8 years of work experience plus an advanced degree
- 10 or more years of work experience in a fast moving global environment with a Bachelor's degree in Business. Master's degree is preferred
- Superior analytic and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytic rigor, attention to detail and ability to structure and analyze financial models
- Strong process orientation; able to create processes from scratch and able to identify and drive continuous improvements
- Strong financial acumen and ability to partner with all divisions of Finance
- Ability to structure and manage complex projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Eagerness to work in teams with personnel of all levels and across many disciplines to accomplish project objectives
- Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior level executives; excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and collaboration skills; team player
- Consulting/ professional services and/or marketing experience a plus
- Support monthly process for tracking key projects and anticipated impacts on business (revenue and resource requirements), in partnership with VCA, Finance, and Client Marketing teams across the globe; conduct deep dive analyses as needed to identify key trends, issues and opportunities
- Lead effort to develop and roll-out automated project tracking tool in partnership with IT, external vendor, and other key business partners
- Help ongoing operations across key COE touchpoints, including recurring meetings with regional Client Marketing leads, VCA and finance
- Support establishment / ongoing operations for best practice sharing, including digital library of case studies, toolkits, and recurring forums for Client Marketers across regions
- Determine additional analytic needs/opportunities to support the growth of Marketing Services, including evaluation of project results
- Support key pricing strategy decisions; conduct additional pricing deep dive analyses as needed
- Identify ongoing Marketing Services process improvement opportunities and help determine action plans to drive improvements; drive execution of improvements as needed
- Lead projects and/or provide support to Marketing Services COE and Client Marketing teams in framing and addressing key strategic initiatives
- Develop clear and concise executive level communications
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Travel Requirements: The incumbent may be required to travel up to 20% and also work on alternate time zones (on occasion)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.