Director, Marketing and Communications Learning Lead
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director will be a member of Visa’s Global Marketing & Communications (M&C) Strategy & Planning team. The team plays a key role in shaping Visa’s global marketing strategy, annual planning process, capabilities development, and delivering strategic marketing support to the global and regional M&C teams. The team partners with Marketing & Communications teams and business leaders across Visa’s global organization, including Visa University. The team is also responsible for identifying and driving operational improvements to functional processes.
The position location has flexibility. Given global nature of the role, flexibility to accommodate meetings across many time zones required.
Bachelor's Degree required, plus 10 years of work experience in a fast moving global environment.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree is prerred
- 10 or more years of work experience in a fast moving global environment
- Prior marketing experience required
- Ability to independently lead and manage projects with multiple workstreams
- Superior analytic and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytic rigor, attention to detail
- Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior level executives; excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and collaboration skills; team player
- Passion for learning and supporting others in career development
- Ability to effectively partner with key stakeholders and manage outside vendors
- Payments industry experience a plus, but not required
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Lead efforts to develop a prioritized view of learning needs across the function partnering with leaders across regional and global teams and Human Resources to inform recommendations
- Drive creation and execution of functional learning plan annually. Manage the global learning budget
- Spearhead creation of new functional training courses when needed, in partnership with Visa University and outside vendors
- Develop and execute communications strategy to ensure team members are aware of training offerings
- Lead and drive continuous improvements to functional (M&C) onboarding. Ensure content (both delivered in person and online) remains up-to-date.
- Partner with Visa University New Employee Onboarding team to provide content on brand and Marketing & Communications as needed; ensure materials remain up-to-date; provide support to M&C leaders who will serve as faculty for these recurring in-person sessions
- Partner with Visa University on other VU training needs that require M&C support (e.g., Leading for Growth Country Manager Program)
- Identify M&C process improvement opportunities and help determine and drive improvements by creating Learning Resources
- Partner with HR to identify learning and development opportunities to address employee engagement opportunities
- Support functional career development initiatives as needed
- Provide additional project support to broader Global M&C Strategy & Planning team as needed
- Develop clear and concise executive level communications
- Partner and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Travel Requirements: The incumbent may be required to travel up to 20% and also work on alternate time zones (on occasion)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.