Senior Solution Architect - Level 5
- London, UK
Big ideas and bigger ambitions?
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
You belong here.
Seeking out the smart
We’re rounding up the brightest minds to innovate with us across the technology landscape. We need fresh thinking, daring suggestions and raw creativity. We’re in the business of shaping the future – everybody’s future. Our customers and our employees alike. We are Visa.
Think you know us?
We don’t deal in money, numbers or figures. We build the ground-breaking technologies and bold solutions that keep our world ticking over, connecting us all, every single day.
It’s our people that keep things running smoothly at Visa. That’s why we invest in each and every one of our staff individually. We want them to grow with us, stick with us and help us reach even dizzier, and more extraordinary new heights.
We’re targeting dynamic thinkers who can get going quickly with our latest exciting job opportunities.
Visa has built the world’s premier payments networks with advanced processing and value added services. “Visanet” is capable of handling more than 50,000 transactions per second, with convenience, reliability, and security, including fraud protection for consumers and guaranteed payment for merchants.
In response to the accelerating pace of change in the payments industry, Visa is extending its network, opening access to payment capabilities, and encouraging participation by new stakeholders in the payments ecosystem. To do that, we are unbundling our products, rationalizing them into consumable services (APIs and SDKs), and opening them up to a broader set of stakeholders through the Visa Developer Platform (VDP). Visa Developer enables financial institutions, merchants, strategic partners, and independent software vendors to more easily use our network, value-added services, and data assets. Through a best-in-class online developer experience and supporting expert services and tools, developers are able to readily discover, access, integrate, and test what they need from Visa to create new and innovative solutions for their customers.
This role is a member of the Europe VDP & Solution Architecture team which is responsible for engaging with clients to develop and deploy custom solutions by stitching together Visa’s products, platforms and other capabilities, and to drive scaled API adoption and success of VDP.
This client experience oriented role will be a unique combination of business development, technology architecture, hands-on technical support (including code level support) and client facing relationship management skills. This role will develop a deep working knowledge of payments API technology and solution selling. This role reports to the leader of the VDP & Solution Architecture team.
The successful candidate will be a solution seller and technologist who can ideate with Visa clients to discuss customer propositions, provide pre-sale advice and technical guidance on how to integrate APIs with clients’ systems and hands-on post-sale onboarding technical support. This role provides expert advice to business leaders and developers who want to use Visa’s services – understanding the client’s business problem or market opportunity, helping them find the right APIs for the job, showing them how Visa APIs work and what they do, helping the client define the architecture of their products, and perform technical support during the client onboarding process. This role will also use client feedback and experiences to decrease time-to-value for clients through automation, identify new APIs needed/wanted by the market, and enhance the usability of the APIs, SDKs, and the Visa Developer Center (developer.visa.com).
The successful candidate will be hands-on with business development and technology teams, and deep-dive into user flows with clients. In addition, he/she must be highly collaborative, bring a structured approach to client engagement and documentation, employ moderation and facilitation skills, have a passion for payments, and have an ability to communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Support sales and technical integration process, work with account management and business development team towards converting priority clients to API adoption
- Document and track success against client engagement metrics
- Assist clients with developing POCs and prototypes to help them understand the adoption of Visa API-based products and services
- Create solutions designs to meet customer’s business and technology needs
- In collaboration with the Visa Implementation team, help establish implementation timelines with client
- Partner with other integration teams to ensure seamless client transitions
- Manage multiple complex project integrations
- Provide pre and post-sale technical support such as customer reviews of product API capabilities, implementation of platform SDKs and APIs, onboarding technical support and test plans
- Collect feedback through the client engagement process to decrease time-to-value and determine where engagement and onboarding can be automated.
- Some travel required
- Have deep knowledge and passion around emerging payments technologies and their potential to change commerce. Think like, communicate with, and inspire business leaders and developers to build their new products using Visa APIs and SDKs.
- Be willing and able to get hands-on with technology teams, including code reviews and test case reviews, or deep-dive into user flows with clients. Strong technical troubleshooting skills, including debugging code.
- Highly collaborative, bringing a structured problem-solving approach to client engagements and documentation, employing solutioning, moderation and facilitation skills.
- Able to combine aspects of the business and commercialization with technical ability.
- Demonstrated experience designing (and ideally building) mobile app solutions with rich user experiences that expose and consume web services using Java technology (ideally RESTful web services, iOS or Android)
- Demonstrated development skills in at least one of the following required technologies, with aptitude and interest in acquiring skills in gap areas:
- Back-end (APIs) and/or front-end (e.g. Android, iOS) development
- Java (Android mobile apps or server-side web services)
- Objective C or Swift (iOS mobile apps)
- SQL (for technical support and troubleshooting)
- Strong technical lead experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new technologies and application knowledge.
- Experienced with Agile development process code
- Knowledgeable of cloud-base technologies, including security requirements and best practices.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline or commensurate work experience is required. An MBA/MS is a plus.
- Track record of relevant client facing engineering work experience. Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.