Sr. Software Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
VIP Test Engineering team is committed to leveraging innovative technology solutions to enhance software quality and accelerate the time-to-market of different product platforms. We test approximately 1000+ changes to our systems in any given year while collaboratively maintaining a better than 99.9 percent fail safe percentage to an authorization system that supports over 65,000 transactions per second (billions of messages a year).
Who are we looking for? You! We are looking for candidates with experience in software design, development and testing. You will be part of a talented Test Engineering (TE) Team that works on mission-critical payment applications and be responsible for testing the code manually as well as build and utilize automated test scripts and tools to test the application. You are a team player, making sure that everyone in the team feels valued and is excited to work with you. Location, time pressure, distractions, none of it matters: no matter the environment, you know you can be involved in the implementation of industry standard best practices to design and develop highly capable, bug-free complex tools, test automation frameworks and solutions following secure SDLC standards and ensure highest quality documentation. You can come up with new ideas, contribute to solution selection and requirements elaboration; be responsible for assigned design, configuration, development and testing of new tools and frameworks. The successful candidate should be a quick learner, be responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. The candidate will serve as a technical specialist and work independently with guidance only in the most complex situations. You are willing to go beyond to provide guidance to less-experienced team members, review and evaluate codes developed by junior members to ensure we develop the highest-quality code. You are more than willing to mentor, enable and inspire junior test engineers to design, implement and develop world-class software which can be used to the improve operational efficiency of the VIP Test Engineering Team. As a Sr. SW Engineer, you should have good organizational and technical leadership skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, good time management skills, collaborate and communicate effectively with team members, and work closely TE Management to identify new scope of work and undertake initiatives.
As a Test Engineer, you will be involved in value-based exploratory testing in addition to regular systematic functional and regression testing, risk identification, and production deployment/support. In order to retain the quick time-to-market of different product platforms, you should be able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment balancing aggressive development schedules with the need for quality software. You should be able to provide innovative approaches to coordinate multi-region testing allowing more condensed testing schedules will be within daily activities. The ideal candidate should be capable of working in all phases of SDLC (i.e. development and testing) and have a demonstrated history of thinking creatively, with a solution oriented, can-do, mindset and must demonstrate a strong desire to create and sustain an enterprise-wide environment that fosters ownership, accountability, quality, commitment and innovation.
All in all, you are a motivated personality who is able to proactively identify ways to add value to the team, even when those may not be spelled out, you are flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. No matter the challenge, you know you can find a solution and encourage others to think the same. You recognize when to ask for help and when to collaborate with others and work across departments. You are team-oriented having strong work ethics with an innate desire to take up ownership and drive initiatives.
Why us? Working at Visa is challenging. The problems that we face and solve and the decisions that we make affect the world. Visa is all about helping people around the world reach their ‘everywhere’ – the place where their personal, professional and financial goals intersect. If you have the ambition, focus and drive, and are interested in joining a global team focused on changing the way the world pays and is paid, you'll find your ‘everywhere’ at Visa.
The Sr. SW Engineer – NP Test Engineering will be will be an individual contributor role based in Highlands Ranch (Colorado) and will report to Visa's Network Processing – Test Engineering Management at Highlands Ranch.
Primary Responsibilities - As Automation Development Engineer:
1. Coordinate and collaborate with VIP Test Engineering (VIP TE) stakeholders, technical leads and staff members to define requirements / modifications for use in designing appropriate test automation tools, frameworks and solutions. Evaluate options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop such solutions to further our ‘Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD)’ goals.
2. Contribute to all phases of project execution including requirements gathering, creating design documents, coding and unit testing, technical documentation till production implementation. Responsibility includes developing new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, and maintenance of the existing software(s). The product developed should be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the scheduled time-frame.
3. Develop innovative approaches to accommodate tight schedules and resource constraints using test automation. Build and implement scalable, reusable test automation frameworks. Develop modular automated test scripts utilizing reusable functions, data-driven techniques and perform basic management of automation libraries.
4. Marshall industry standard coding, design patterns and practices within Visa. Demonstrate solid understanding of software design and architecture for performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, maintainability, and cost. Suggest and cultivate ideas on the extension of the current test tools and frameworks to new products and services. Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes, technology, and test tools. Articulate technology solutions as well as explain the competitive advantages of various technology alternatives.
5. Communicate, collaborate and work closely with VIP TE team members across geographies to help them comprehend, define, develop, maintain and execute automated test scripts and tools.
Primary Responsibilities - As Test Engineer:
1. Design and develop comprehensive test plans and test cases from business requirements and conceptual documents for the application changes and efficiently execute the same across all functional areas, products and solutions.
2. Test code manually as well as build test automation suites to enable the team to be more efficient and effective. Analyze and report test results to Development and Product teams.
3. Collaborate and work with Development, System Architecture and Product teams to analyze, debug and resolve design or code issues. Be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the SDLC.
4. Report project status, highlight risks and issues to Project Managers and Management and also provide solutions and options.
5. Implement standard processes, tools, and metrics to deliver large-scale projects from
inception to conclusion that meet quantifiable business objectives.
6. Maintain appropriate vendor, partner relationships and internal service level agreements to facilitate daily workflow.
7. Coordinate and support integration, end-to-end testing with peer Test Engineering groups to ensure seamless code releases.
8. Build and maintain test environments, automated test suites.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/ Electronics (or equivalent technical degree) is required; Master’s degree in Engineering would be a plus. Preferably 3+ years’ IT industry experience - Electronic Payments, Banking Domain would be a plus.
2. In-depth understanding of SDLC and STLC, development and test engineering processes and methodologies.
3. Solid design, development, coding and testing skills with comprehensive knowledge of industry standard developer and test engineering best practices.
4. Strong understanding of Object Oriented concepts and related programming languages (such as C# / Java/ Python) will be required. Node.js, Angular.js, React.js would be a plus.
5. Strong grip with JSON, RESTful APIs, SOAP UI.
6. Must be able to write technical design and build documentation for all aspects of a technical infrastructure.
7. Experience using version control repository and source code management products such as GitHub, TFS etc. and other tools like Jira, SharePoint, Wiki and Jenkins etc.
8. Should have excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills. Be able to thrive in a self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment.
11. Demonstrated ability to work well with a globally distributed team in a high performance organization.
12. Willingness and desire to learn new skills and take on new tasks and initiatives. Proven ability to multi-task independently in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management. Should be process oriented and possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
13. Capability to prioritize work and maintain focus. Ability to understand departmental goals and strategies from all levels, from the ‘big picture’ enterprise-level view to the ‘low-level’ technical view.
14. Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), able to train team members/users on topics, provide presentations to an internal audience, ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way, interact positively and work closely with TE management.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.