Staff Software Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is ideal for an experienced SW engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building services that provide an excellent client experience. You will be an integral part of the online-authorization product development team focusing on designing, coding and testing new and enhanced services for VisaNet. The successful candidate should be a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills and solid expertise with IBM mainframe technologies. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ years development on a Transaction Processing Facility (TPF) Operating System experience
- Ability to develop technical specifications from high-level business requirements
- Ability to prioritize assignments and maintain focus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- C/C++ and OO design required
- Familiarity with VPARS, TPF toolkit and debugger, and testing TPF in a VM environment
- Knowledge of zVM and zLINUX.
- Working knowledge of zOS JCL.
- Familiarity with IBM Assembler
- Experience implementing software solutions in a highly complex environment
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- Design and develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and
- services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Develop code and mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with outstanding code quality
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's
- deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.