Senior Director, Consumer Credit
- Toronto, ON, Canada
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Senior Director, Consumer Credit
The Senior Director, Consumer Credit will be a member of the Canadian Product team which is responsible for the development and rollout of Visa’s products and platforms in the Canadian marketplace. The team also works collaboratively with issuing and acquiring clients to support their product launches and innovations.
The position will be based in Toronto, Canada and will report to the Vice President and Head of Product, Visa Canada.
The Senior Director, Consumer Credit is responsible for leading Visa’s consumer credit initiatives in Canada and driving an accelerated growth agenda, from ideation to development to delivery to ongoing management of products, platforms and services. They will oversee product launches, client launches, issue resolution, and work with our Sales team and at all levels with our clients. They will work closely with the global Product team to bring the best that Visa has to offer globally to the Canadian market, and they will work with internal and external stakeholders in Canada.
Consumer Credit is Visa Canada’s largest payment product and represents a significant portion of our Canadian business. This individual must quickly be viewed as a leader in the space; someone who can identify and deliver against future client and customer needs, someone who can work with and provide guidance to clients and act on guidance from them, someone who can layout a roadmap for the future.
Product and Thought Leadership
· Be a leader, and drive the long-term and short-term agenda for consumer credit products and platforms. Develop and own strategic and tactical solutions for consumer credit products, client launches, etc.
· Stay on top of emerging trends in payments, new technologies, competitive insights and demonstrate thought leadership internally and with clients. Develop hypotheses as to how macro factors and industry trends may affect our business. Work with Visa Consulting and Analytics, data analytics teams, Finance teams, and research teams to accomplish this.
- Stay on top of, and contribute to, what the global Visa products team is developing and look for opportunities to import leading strategies and products to Canada.
· Research, identify and recommend opportunities for adding value to Visa products through potential new product features/services, redefining the value proposition, integrating to mobile based solutions and Visa API sets, and executing third party partnerships as required.
Product Launches and Growth
· Partner with Sales teams to promote and sell product solutions and initiatives to clients.
· Partner with Visa Consulting and Analytics to collaborate on client solutions.
· Partner with the Visa Marketing organization to create strategies and campaigns to promote product growth.
· Partner with the CSS organization to execute product launches successfully.
· Ensure compliance with products, brand and risk management standards.
· Lead a team (currently 4 people) that is responsible for consumer credit products.
· Build subject matter expertise within the team for new initiatives (e.g. instalments, loyalty, digital solutions) and ensure that the team is able to deliver on these initiatives in a self-sufficient way (in collaboration with global subject experts where needed but with the goal of building the expertise locally).
· Ensure continuous growth and development for members of the team, with the goal of ensuring that Visa is bringing the best and brightest talent and solutions to drive our business and add value to clients in Canada.
· Ensure that the team delivers with a high degree of professionalism and integrity, a collaborative mind set within and outside of the team.
12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with Masters/MBA/JD/MD; or a minimum of 8 years of work experience with a PhD
· 12+ years of experience, including 8+ years of experience in product management, project management, and/or management consulting in a digital environment
· Payments industry and/or technology experience required, ideally with respect to consumer credit products.
· Possess functional and technical knowledge of the digital payments environment, including ecommerce trends, competitor activity, and market developments.
· Very strong organizational and project management skills, diligent at effectively documenting and tracking key steps and executing against them, and a high degree of comfort and effectiveness reporting to executives succinctly and clearly on an ongoing basis.
· Advanced oral and written communication skills with the ability to strongly influence and direct others at all levels; ability to create ‘presence’ and be viewed as a thought leader who can shape future thinking.
· The ability to translate analytics, research, client/consumer needs into actionable plans and deliverables.
· A track record of being a strong People Manager.
· Experience working effectively with global teams and local teams.
· Good understanding of client and Visa P&Ls.
· Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and create project teams to assist in execution and implementation of new products or services (Marketing, Sales, Operation, internal/external stakeholders).
· Have strong analytical skills and ability to execute on plans.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.