Director - Government Engagement (Middle East)
- Riyadh Saudi Arabia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This dynamic position, to be based in Visa’s Riyadh office, requires a proactive, solution oriented, articulate, strategic thinker, who is able to operate and interact at the highest levels of Government. The position involves frequent travel within the Middle East.
The position will be responsible for managing all of Visa’s interaction with key government officials, policy makers, public influencers and regulators in Saudi Arabia and other key countries in the Middle East.
- Visa is well positioned to leverage potential partnerships with national government agencies particularly in the areas of financial inclusion, economic digitization, the delivery of social services, government disbursements and collection, and other potential government programs that may benefit from the application of digital payments;
- The expansion of the industry in general, and Visa in particular, is not hindered by intrusive political or regulatory intervention;
- Visa’s profile and reputation are optimized through the delivery of coordinated communications and education targeted at key central bank officials, regulators, government officials, and other policy makers;
- Visa’s outreach and messaging in the Middle East is consistent with similar efforts in other key markets around the world.
Key responsibilities for the position
- Develop and implement an effective Government Engagement strategy for the area of responsibility
- Lead the development and building of stakeholder relationships with Governments, businesses and non-governmental organizations at all levels
- Ensure that Government Engagement plans are aligned with Visa’s strategic business objectives
- Establish and maintain effective long term relations with Governments and other external stakeholders at the appropriate levels
- Monitor the regulatory and policy management environment in the Middle East in order to make timely interventions to protect Visa’s commercial interests
- Identify opportunities and support business development programs and initiatives
- Manage day to day Government Engagement operations and represent Visa at relevant forums in various markets
- Ensure optimization of meeting targets and Government Engagement objectives by introducing best practices
- Build and maintain internal relationships and enhance an understanding of the function within the company
- Reports to the Head of Government Engagement for the Middle East and North Africa
- Works very closely with country, group-level, and global colleagues including country management, Corporate Communications, Legal, Marketing, Strategy, Risk Management, Social Impact and Products departments
- Liaises closely with Government Engagement colleagues around the world to develop and refine best practices
- Works with cross divisional business teams as subject matter expert on policy and regulatory issues and government relations
- General understanding of the digital payments industry and its economic and social impact
- Proven track record and experience in all aspects of developing and implementing stakeholder relations strategies
- In-depth knowledge of the local business and political environments in the Middle East
- Political and business acumen
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Budgeting and financial management
- Ability to work under pressure
- A motivated, self- starter who is able to work independently, within a team, and without daily supervision
- A team player, able to work across various Visa functions
- Computer literacy
- Fluency in English and Arabic is essential
This role is based in Saudi Arabia (Riyadh)